The Student Room Group

AQA Spanish A-level 7692 - 11 & 14 Jun 2018 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeStijlx
I remember doing them and the marking threw me off completely! They worded it completely different and they sort of rejected literal answers and wanted us to word it in our own words which I'm not a fan of tbh!

I definitely do hope the real thing is easier and more lenient, I guess.

Yes! I remember thinking the exact same thing, they rejected the literal words whereas in the old spec that was what they wanted, I'm sure they will be more lenient but maybe just sort of but it in your own words slightly!
Does anyone have any way to manage time well in the exam? I always end up spending way to long on a listening question then have to rush
Honestly, Spanish for me is one of those subjects that could go either way...
Sometimes I find the listening parts really easy but then sometimes I may as well not have studied Spanish😂
Does anyone have any advise on how to get an answer down in the listening even if you are struggling to understand what it is saying?
Original post by Alishawo
Does anyone have any idea what they think the grade boundaries might be this year with it being a new spec? I've been doing practice papers but can't estimate where I think I'm at

We can't really say it until we do the next two papers but if I were to take an educated guess I'd say 85% for an A*
Original post by chiquitin
Yes! I remember thinking the exact same thing, they rejected the literal words whereas in the old spec that was what they wanted, I'm sure they will be more lenient but maybe just sort of but it in your own words slightly!

Yeah, hopefully I'll be fine tomorrow.
how did everyones exam go? I found the listening, translations and summaries easy, but the reading was quite challenging! I found this paper a lot harder overall than the specimen paper.
Original post by 102938username01
how did everyones exam go? I found the listening, translations and summaries easy, but the reading was quite challenging! I found this paper a lot harder overall than the specimen paper.

I found it mixed - parts I thought were relatively easy but others not so much. I hated the book extract, and wasn't a fan of the Spanish to English translation but I thought the listenings were on the whole okay. Yeah, I thought this was a lot harder than the specimen overall.
I found it quite difficult as well! The summaries and translations were good but I'm really worried I've made loads of stupid mistakes on the reading questions
Reply 68
For the last listening, the letters we had to put into the boxes were the ones we heard and not the ones we didnt hear, right?
I think this paper personally for me was a lot easier than the specimen paper and a lot of the past papers we’ve done, the most challenging part for me was the book extract but hopefully went okay through process of elimination 😬, hope it went well for you all !! 😁xx
i thought it was a nice paper. the translations were not bad at all. you can never really tell though.
Can anyone predict a grade boundary for this exam?
i’m so glad that exam is over tbh i quite liked it hopefully i did well how did everyone else find it ?
I found the paper mixed, listening, summaries and translations were good but the gap fill I think I got 0 :frown:

Don't know if I have any chance of an A now unfortunately. If I got 74/100 on this paper, 52/60 on the speaking and 65/80 on the writing so 191/240, what do you reckon this would equate to grade wise? Thank you!
anyone found an unofficial mark scheme/grade boundary ideas?
Original post by Paalle
For the last listening, the letters we had to put into the boxes were the ones we heard and not the ones we didnt hear, right?

Yes
Original post by Arisapo
I found the paper mixed, listening, summaries and translations were good but the gap fill I think I got 0 :frown:

Don't know if I have any chance of an A now unfortunately. If I got 74/100 on this paper, 52/60 on the speaking and 65/80 on the writing so 191/240, what do you reckon this would equate to grade wise? Thank you!

The papers have different weightings and it should be as follows:

RWL : 74x2=148
Speaking: 52x2=104
Literature: 65x1=65

Total: 148+104+65=317 out of 400, which is 79%. The rest will depend on the grade boundaries
Original post by bepps1010
The papers have different weightings and it should be as follows:

RWL : 74x2=148
Speaking: 52x2=104
Literature: 65x1=65

Total: 148+104+65=317 out of 400, which is 79%. The rest will depend on the grade boundaries

Thank you, that's helpful. Do you reckon 79% could be an A or is that optimistic?
Reply 78
Original post by tevans123
I found it mixed - parts I thought were relatively easy but others not so much. I hated the book extract, and wasn't a fan of the Spanish to English translation but I thought the listenings were on the whole okay. Yeah, I thought this was a lot harder than the specimen overall.

I agree with you the Spanish to English translation was much harder than I'd anticipated it to be considering it's new spec!! Also I found the gap fill reading question to be quite challenging, just glad it's over now!
it’s 79% so depending on grade boundaries high B/nearly A- I’m hoping they’re low this year. It was 66 for an A at AS- hoping it’s similar as I’d love an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending