The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Spanish Paper 4 8698/WH - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

AQA GCSE Spanish Paper 4 8698/WH - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 17th June AM
Length: 1h20

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

I just don't understand the point of the advanced information given because the only section they've cut out is Theme 1 section c which isn't even that big anyway? It's not very helpful to be honest
Try and include at least 3 tenses to achieve more marks :smile:
Reply 3
for writing in the advanced info they said there will be more questions to choose from. so does that mean i can basically just revise only one theme?
Original post by zyxaaa
for writing in the advanced info they said there will be more questions to choose from. so does that mean i can basically just revise only one theme?

well yeah technically that should work but revise all 3 just in case they're really mean for the theme u chose lmao
hiiii
Reply 6
Good luck everyone (hopefully it’ll be easier than the reading and listening lol) 😳
Original post by zyxaaa

For French I was planning on doing theme 1 for both questions but question 2 for theme 1 was about sports and sport events so I did theme 3 instead, it's best to have back-up vocab
Will future tense: -é, -ás, -á, -emos, -éis, -án
How did the exam go?
That was quite good, translation was lovely I didn't miss any words like I sometimes do

I forgot what before and after were so my brain kept telling me avant which is French but I remembered after 5 minutes thinking about it and I felt so relived lol (antes if anyone wants to know-)

I did:
90 words - Theme 3
150 words - Theme 1

This was what I put for the translation:
Mi hermana se casó en enero el año pasado. Su esposo es español pero habla inglés muy bien. Compraron una casa cerca de la coasta. Me gustaría ir allí en el verano, antes de volver a la escuela. Dicen que el tiempo es bueno y será una semaña fantastico.
(edited 1 year ago)
The translation:
My sister got married in January last year. Her husband is Spanish but he speaks English very well. They have bought a house near the coast. I would like to go there in the summer, before I return to school. They say that the weather is good and it will be a fantastic week.
This was mine
Mi hermana se casó el enero pasado. Su hombre es espagñol pero habla inglés muy bien. Han comprado una casa cerca del costa. Me gustaría ir ahi en verano, antes de irse a escuela. Se dicen que el tiempo es bueno y será una semana fenomenal.

forgot what husband was and return to school
if i can get 8 or more ill take it
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jamest0394q
This was mine
Mi hermana se casó el enero pasado. Su hombre es espagñol pero habla inglés muy bien. Han comprado una casa cerca del costa. Me gustaría ir ahi en verano, antes de irse a escuela. Se dicen que el tiempo es bueno y será una semana fenomenal.

Husband is marido or esposo and to return is volver so return to school is volver a la escuela (or other words for school) :smile:
This was mine

Husband = marido

(i put en enero el año pasado but your version still has the same meaning)

"espagñol" -> español
ahi -> ahí or allí
antes de irse a escuela -> antes de volver al instituto / a la escuela / al colegio (even if it were 'irse' you would have needed 'irme' instead)
cerca del costa -> cerca de la costa

you'll no doubt be in for an 8 or above assuming you stayed consistent
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by degususaskulusku
Husband = marido

(i put en enero el año pasado but your version still has the same meaning)

"espagñol" -> español
ahi -> ahí or allí
antes de irse a escuela -> antes de volver al instituto / a la escuela / al colegio (even if it were 'irse' you would have needed 'irme' instead)
cerca del costa -> cerca de la costa

you'll no doubt be in for an 8 or above assuming you stayed consistent

Ok thanks a lot appreciate it
Reply 16
does anyone remember the bullet points for 1.3 and 2.3
Original post by hannah.06
That was quite good, translation was lovely I didn't miss any words like I sometimes do

I forgot what before and after were so my brain kept telling me avant which is French but I remembered after 5 minutes thinking about it and I felt so relived lol (antes if anyone wants to know-)

I did:
90 words - Theme 3
150 words - Theme 1

This was what I put for the translation:
Mi hermana se casó en enero el año pasado. Su esposo es español pero habla inglés muy bien. Compraron una casa cerca de la coasta. Me gustaría ir allí en el verano, antes de volver a la escuela. Dicen que el tiempo es bueno y será una semaña fantastico.

damnnn i lost a lot of marks on the translation then, I wrote 'hombre' instead of esposo etc..
I did:
90 words- theme 2
150 words- theme 2
Original post by jnkscypher
damnnn i lost a lot of marks on the translation then, I wrote 'hombre' instead of esposo etc..
I did:
90 words- theme 2
150 words- theme 2

yh I put su hombre since i forgot what husband was
hopefully get marks for conveying
yh I put su hombre since i forgot what husband was
hopefully get marks for conveying

yh i think aqa is a bit nice in terms of marking the translation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending