The Student Room Group

Possible to go from grade 5 to grade 8/9?

My mock grades are around a grade 5 on average. Below a 5 are:
maths 4
physics 4
computing 4
history 4 (this one was definitely just a bad exam, I love history and I’m usually working around 7 in class)

The college I want to go to because of its history A Level course is kinda hard to get into, and I haven’t got a place there, but I know it’s possible to get a place if you improve greatly in the real GCSEs and contact them about it after getting results.
So, I’m hoping to try go from around a 5 average to a 7 or, in a best case scenario, 8.
My worst subjects are: sciences (I’m doing triple), maths and computing.
Predicted a 9 (8 in mock) in Spanish and 8 in English Lang and Lit (Lang 6 in mock and literature 7 in mock)

Is it possible for me to make such a vast improvement in only 3 months? I’m study hard and taking this seriously.
Reply 1
Sorry *studying. Posted this too soon D:
What are your study tips or posts you can send me about revision?
It is definitely possible to make an improvement.
I found it best to go through the content and makes detailed notes and then cut these notes down to fit them on flash cards so I could look at them if I had some time to spare where I wasn't doing anything or just waiting.
I suggest going over the content as much as you can and try and do lots of exam questions so you know how they ask the questions and what they are looking for in an answer.
I hope this helps a little bit. Try not to worry or stress excessively, yeah it's unavoidable but don't let it overwhelm you otherwise it could stifle your motivation and progress.
Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending