The Student Room Group

falmouth interview anyone?

ello, just wondering if anyone has got an interview at University College Falmouth coming up...I have one for English with Creative Writing on the 18th...anyone know what it will be like? I've never had a uni interview before...ooooh :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I bizarrely had my Journalism one at the Open Day on Friday as they figured I might as well rather than travelling from Brighton again in 4 weeks time. All went rather well as I believe I have a place. :smile:
Reply 2
Very good! What was it like? Quite informal? I'm hoping it will be...
Reply 3
About as informal as you can get really. Just asked what I wanted to do in 5 years and why I wanted to study journalism in the first place. I think it's just a case of not saying something ridiculous and you'll be fine.
Reply 4
Well the inteview went very well and I have an unconditional offer :smile:

I never had the interview - I was away travelling on the date they gave me... then they gave me a second date, and I was halfway there in the car when they phoned up and said not to come because Nigel Kingcome was busy (I think they forgot!) ... well, got the place anyway :smile:

I'm doing Creative Writing aswell, so I guess I'll see you there :smile:
Reply 6
weyyy! cool, I can't wait :smile: I'm so fed up of being at home now..having a year of doing nothing has been too much for me ha
Reply 7
I've got an interview coming up for there on the 8th feb for events management. One of my mates had an interview and she did well loads of research coz shes doing mid wifery but not at Falmouth. so i started to panic thinkin i mite need to aswell :s-smilie:
Reply 8
I have an intervieew on 8th feb too but it's for film at the Tremough Campus. does ahnyone know what actually happens at the interviews, it says it last like four hours!
Reply 9
i have a phone interview for the 9th feb, they sent me a brief to study and brainstorm ideas over for PR today, i feel so nauseous :frown:
I have an interview for the 1st Feb for Animation Production.
Anyone know what kind of things will happen in it?
Reply 11
Ooo I've got an interview for Advertising on 21st Jan :\
I have a group interview to work around a brief and a single interview after that :smile:
Me and my friend had interviews at falmouth last year (mine was for music tech, his was for film) and they basically show you a presentation in a group and then have an informal interview one on one. Well I presume it would be the same for animation production as well. Good luck.
Reply 13
Ive got an interview there for Film on the 10th... pretty nervous =/
Reply 14
I've got one on the 21st for Advertising. I'm kinda looking forward too it!
Original post by KeeDolll
Ooo I've got an interview for Advertising on 21st Jan :\
I have a group interview to work around a brief and a single interview after that :smile:

Hi, i have an interview on the 21st of jan for Advertising too. Need some help with the Lynx Online/viral ad brief. Have you come up with anything yet ? xxx
Reply 16
Original post by Georgemurphy
Hi, i have an interview on the 21st of jan for Advertising too. Need some help with the Lynx Online/viral ad brief. Have you come up with anything yet ? xxx

I haven't got anything either yet.. Don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Georgemurphy

Yay I'm glad other people are coming :smile: I was worried seen as it's a new-ish course. I don't have many ideas atm. I'm gonna think about ideas for a youtube channel. Do you know what ad you're going to bring with you?
Reply 18
Go there dressed as a smurf. Make some racist comments. Drool a little

You will get a place
I've got one for English with Creative Writing on February 1st. I sometimes get panic attacks in social situations. I am so nervous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending