The Student Room Group

LearnDirect or DLC

Hi all!

I’m looking at doing a distance learning course for Access To Nursing and was wondering if anyone has had an experiences with either Learn Direct or the Distance Learning Centre for this course or even others.

Or maybe if there’s any other distance learning centres you know of that are pretty good!

Thanks!!
Original post by jemrose
Hi all!

I’m looking at doing a distance learning course for Access To Nursing and was wondering if anyone has had an experiences with either Learn Direct or the Distance Learning Centre for this course or even others.

Or maybe if there’s any other distance learning centres you know of that are pretty good!

Thanks!!

I generally suggest against distance learning access, especially if you are unfamiliar with such methods or its ages since you have studied.

Posters often complain of lack if support and regretting doing it this way as opposed to a real bricks and mortars course with tutors and fellow students.

As for those p;providers, then about six months ago someone claimed to have had a good experience with the Learn Direct version, but cant verify the legitimacy of it. they did praise the course plus said they had good support.

This was in contrast to reports at the time about the low quality of LD courses.

Use the search function to track this poser down and maybe you can talk to them, so they can offer their insight and you can validate it.
Hi sorry replying late don't know if you still need advice i study with DLC and done access to nursing i found it good expect one tutor was ****
Reply 3
Also late, but I did access to paramedicine with DLC, they were fantastic (though I didn't really use the tutor system - I think I had one tutorial, and only because I had to!). Self-paced learning definitely suited me, and it covered things that were really useful but beyond what even my entire degree taught (like how to write a research proposal and research project, statistical analysis, etc).
Yeah i barely ever used the tutorial, self paced is great i was able to complete my access from September and have it in for may submission
Original post by JoeTSR
Also late, but I did access to paramedicine with DLC, they were fantastic (though I didn't really use the tutor system - I think I had one tutorial, and only because I had to!). Self-paced learning definitely suited me, and it covered things that were really useful but beyond what even my entire degree taught (like how to write a research proposal and research project, statistical analysis, etc).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending