The Student Room Group

Learn Direct - Access Courses

Hi. I am considering the idea of studying an access course with Learn Direct /Stonebridge but after doing some research (Ofsted reports, reviews, etc.) I am now doubting whether this company is a scam or not. Has anyone completed a course with them and received their certificate??
Reply 1
Original post by BluePenguinXXX
Hi. I am considering the idea of studying an access course with Learn Direct /Stonebridge but after doing some research (Ofsted reports, reviews, etc.) I am now doubting whether this company is a scam or not. Has anyone completed a course with them and received their certificate??

Hi, I've just signed up to do an Access Course with learn direct. They are a legit company and from my research they seemed to be the biggest provider and have a ton of good reviews on Trust Pilot. I found that competitors would have maybe 100 reviews whereas learndirect have almost 10,000. Their access courses are QAA accredited which is what you'll need to have for it to be recognised at a university if that is your next route going forwards.

I also saw that Ofsted reports were previously very poor, but i believe they used to do in college courses, but were bought out some time ago which has revamped them into a better provider.

I have only just started within the week, so I haven't got loads to go on but so far it seems fine and professional and the lady I spoke to on the phone when enrolling was very pleasant. All the best with your decision I hope that helps!
Original post by BluePenguinXXX

Hey there, did you end up using learndirect? If so would you recommend them? I'm hoping to do an access to higher education course and this is the only provider I've found with the course I'd like to do. Thank you in advance, Rosie mai :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Rosiemai123
Hey there, did you end up using learndirect? If so would you recommend them? I'm hoping to do an access to higher education course and this is the only provider I've found with the course I'd like to do. Thank you in advance, Rosie mai :smile:

I'm coming towards the end of my access course with learn direct. The study material they provide is more than sufficient to get you through the modules, but I would say it would depend on your learning style.

If your self- motivated then you won't have a problem. All staff and tutors I have interacted with have always been pleasant and helpful.

Any questions just drop me a message.
Original post by TRP92
I'm coming towards the end of my access course with learn direct. The study material they provide is more than sufficient to get you through the modules, but I would say it would depend on your learning style.

If your self- motivated then you won't have a problem. All staff and tutors I have interacted with have always been pleasant and helpful.

Any questions just drop me a message.

Thank you so much for your reply! I've ended up going with National Extension College for an A level which so far seems to be quite a well thought out site. Good luck with the rest of your studies and thanks again. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Rosiemai123
I currently do their access to radiography .. been for over a year now.
Original post by Slimmers
I currently do their access to radiography .. been for over a year now.
Ah that's good to know, would you recommend them as a provider?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending