The Student Room Group

Learndirect

Hi
Will be very grateful if anyone could give honest feed back.
I am looking to retake my A Levels through Learndirect, I have done my research and most of the reviews I have come across are positive and tempting. However, I still have my doubts about the effectiveness of the distance learning. I plan on taking ALevel in Biology, Physics and Chemistry. I already have Alevel in biology however my grade in bio is not very attractive and my plans for the future require a much high grade. I still have not finalised my decision about learndirect. Would really appreciate if anyone would had complete a course with learndirect to give an honest feedback of the experience- support, content and everything in between.
Thank you
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Doing any form of study without support is *very* hard work and you will need commitment and motivation.
Resits at school or college would be a far better option.
Reply 3
Why can't you do them at a college?
Reply 4
Original post by Cote1
Why can't you do them at a college?

I’m a full time student at university.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Doing any form of study without support is *very* hard work and you will need commitment and motivation.
Resits at school or college would be a far better option.

I am a full time student at university. I am concern about the level of material learndirect provides.
Reply 6
Original post by Titima
I am a full time student at university. I am concern about the level of material learndirect provides.

Then why are you thinking of repeating A levels.
Hi! Hopefully I’m not too late and you haven’t signed up to learn direct already.

Please PLEASE do not sign up for any sort of course on Learn Direct. Their glowing reviews are fake. Every single person I’ve spoken to that signed up for the course has been miserable they signed up at all. I signed up for a HE diploma last summer. Found I couldn’t afford the payments after a circumstance change. And they do not let you cancel. Really mean and horrible customer service team and just overall scammy, evil company. People ive met online who also did learn direct found the course was so unsupported and work went unmarked for weeks on end. They draw you in with their impressive sales team, and discounts on courses and promises of cancellation if you don’t like the course, then when you sign up you get multiple emails encouraging you to sign in, then that eliminates any possibility of cancellation- even if you didn’t actually take the course even if it’s within the 2 week cancellation period. They have a very small and smarmy T&Cs section that is easily overlooked that any access to your online portal (which they really, REALLY encourage you to login to straight away!) eliminates any sort of chance at cancellation. I’m stuck paying off over £1000. They’re agressive, heartless and don’t give a damn about who you are as a person, just your wallet.

Make your own judgment of course. Just please don’t fall for their trust pilot reviews. Search them up on here TSR, you’ll see a few threads of people being scammed. There’s a few mums net posts too of people feeling scammed. Hope I can avoid you some stress and tears. I’d give anything to go back in time and avoid signing up to *****y, scammy Learn Direct!!

Original post by Titima
Hi
Will be very grateful if anyone could give honest feed back.
I am looking to retake my A Levels through Learndirect, I have done my research and most of the reviews I have come across are positive and tempting. However, I still have my doubts about the effectiveness of the distance learning. I plan on taking ALevel in Biology, Physics and Chemistry. I already have Alevel in biology however my grade in bio is not very attractive and my plans for the future require a much high grade. I still have not finalised my decision about learndirect. Would really appreciate if anyone would had complete a course with learndirect to give an honest feedback of the experience- support, content and everything in between.
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest