Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, PLEASE do not bother telling me not to take four A-Levels, I’m taking four and I’m fine so yeah
    So I’ll be taking Maths, Chemistry and Biology as my first three subjects.
    My fourth will either be History or Business Studies. Which should I take? I find Business super easy, although obviously it’s more difficult at A-Level. My mock exam result in business was a strong A* and in history I got an 8 which is about the equivalent of an A*. I have equal interests in both subjects but can’t take both. I want to study medicine at uni

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    dont take 4 retard

ReputationRep:
    that’s so helpful, thank you. also, don’t use the word “retard”.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Only you can make the decision. History might help more with essay writing skills, but ultimately, it is down to what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxcm)
    that’s so helpful, thank you. also, don’t use the word “retard”.
    no problem msg me if u need more advice & ok go enjoy ur medicine offers for 4 A* because u think u iq 2000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciferhf)
    no problem msg me if u need more advice & ok go enjoy ur medicine offers for 4 A* because u think u iq 2000
    Thank you! I’ll message you once I have my offers. Go and learn to have some respect)

ReputationRep:
    Universities only require you to take three A-Levels, but if you desperately want to take 4 then pick the one you enjoy the most and will be most manageable to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSennett)
    Universities only require you to take three A-Levels, but if you desperately want to take 4 then pick the one you enjoy the most and will be most manageable to you
    That’s helpful, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rapan8000)
    Only you can make the decision. History might help more with essay writing skills, but ultimately, it is down to what you want to do.
    I’ll consider that, thanks

ReputationRep:
    History is more respected and more of a challenge than business studies. I'd go with that.
    If you truly have equal interest in both, then I would go history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rarest)
    History is more respectef and more of a challenge than business studies. I'd go with that.
    If you truly have equal interest in both, then I would go history.
    thank you!! yes I am leaning towards history, you’re right about it being more respected

ReputationRep:
    History and Business Studies are not going to help with medicine at university. Why take an extra useless A-level when you could use that time to focus on the much more important 3 A-levels you need to do well in?

Regardless, you seem to be fairly determined to do 4. I guess I'm biased, but do History. It is likely to be more valuable than a Business Studies A-level, it can improve both your writing and analytical skills quickly, and it'll help you out when it comes to playing trivial pursuit.

A-level is not just harder than GCSE - it's a completely different world to it. The way in which you study and apply your knowledge is much different in A-level. You will need those free periods - don't replace them with an A-level you're probably not going to use.

ReputationRep:
    Easy. Simply take the one you enjoy more and you'll 100% do better in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchm_)
    History and Business Studies are not going to help with medicine at university. Why take an extra useless A-level when you could use that time to focus on the much more important 3 A-levels you need to do well in?

Regardless, you seem to be fairly determined to do 4. I guess I'm biased, but do History. It is likely to be more valuable than a Business Studies A-level, it can improve both your writing and analytical skills quickly, and it'll help you out when it comes to playing trivial pursuit.

A-level is not just harder than GCSE - it's a completely different world to it. The way in which you study and apply your knowledge is much different in A-level. You will need those free periods - don't replace them with an A-level you're probably not going to use.
    This is really good advice, thanks so much. I’ll probably take history; I love it and I think that two more years of studying it will be something that I’ll thoroughly enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radioactivedecay)
    Easy. Simply take the one you enjoy more and you'll 100% do better in it.
    thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciferhf)
    Whats with that **** response? I'm genuinely asking you because I'm unsure if I'm missing something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxcm)
    Okay, PLEASE do not bother telling me not to take four A-Levels, I’m taking four and I’m fine so yeah
    So I’ll be taking Maths, Chemistry and Biology as my first three subjects.
    My fourth will either be History or Business Studies. Which should I take? I find Business super easy, although obviously it’s more difficult at A-Level. My mock exam result in business was a strong A* and in history I got an 8 which is about the equivalent of an A*. I have equal interests in both subjects but can’t take both. I want to study medicine at uni

Thanks
    i think you should go with History because it'll help with a lot of things that you'll have to do within the Medicine field; critical analysis, extended writing, general research skills etc.
    hope this helps you, good luck choosing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainabmajid29)
    i think you should go with History because it'll help with a lot of things that you'll have to do within the Medicine field; critical analysis, extended writing, general research skills etc.
    hope this helps you, good luck choosing!
    you’re right, that sounds logical thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxcm)
    you’re right, that sounds logical thank you!!
    no worries - happy to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainabmajid29)
    no worries - happy to help
    💛💛

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.