The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Paper 2 7407/2 - 18 May 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TomasD
I'd happily contribute my ideas/memory if you make a ms and leave bits blank :biggrin:

Yup thanks. Will try and get it done by tonight or if not tomorrow morning.

How did u find the paper?
Reply 81
Original post by kishxx01
Yup thanks. Will try and get it done by tonight or if not tomorrow morning.

How did u find the paper?

Not really happy about it tbh, I sort of ran out of time - had to leave the question which was about lambdar and the optic fibre thing (didn't know how to answer it and ran out of time)
Some questions I think were good, just not sure if the good questions outweighed the bad questions...
wbu?
I thought sections A and B were alright but suuuuper tight timing, had to guess a couple MC questions and made some stupid ass mistakes on them too. Hoping I come out with an A though can't be sure.
Reply 83
If the devil could take the form of an exam - It would be that one
Original post by ZayneWithAnE
Both papers were the hardest exams I have ever taken. Paper 1 way better but I don't exaggerate when I say I didn't write anything for 3 of the paper 2 section A questions. I had 15 minutes left to do 30 multiple choice questions, I guessed guessed every single question. Lady luck will decide now.

Same. I had to miss so many questions because I didn’t understand.
Reply 85
Section A and B were alright but I certainly didn't have enough time for that multiple choice. I only ended up doing half of them and checking random answers for the rest.
I actually found it okay. The questions were difficult though...
I had 25% extra time and still didn’t finish
Original post by NaomiWilso
I had 25% extra time and still didn’t finish

Ur bad then.
Original post by Kingof42ndStreet
Ur bad then.

Ur a **** then
predictions for grade boundaries???? It won't be too high right?
Original post by RickHendricks
predictions for grade boundaries???? It won't be too high right?

Im saying 75 to 80 for a grade A as last year is was 83 for an A and these papers were definitely harder than last year.
Im saying 75 to 80 for a grade A as last year is was 83 for an A and these papers were definitely harder than last year.

wait serious? That makes me a bit happy tbh.

Doesn't cheer me up in the slightest, considering my total marks are probably below that total by at least 10, possibly 20.
Not sure though, can't really remember much from the paper today (and there's still no unofficial mark scheme), just know that I got ~30-40 marks for the first one and have approximated this one.

Tbf both papers were extremely challenging and even my physics teacher didn't know how to do some of the questions.

Also I normally do get A's in class test and my mock exam and I probs got like 40/70 and 35/70 in paper 1 and 2 respectively.
Original post by Jackudy3
Doesn't cheer me up in the slightest, considering my total marks are probably below that total by at least 10, possibly 20.
Not sure though, can't really remember much from the paper today (and there's still no unofficial mark scheme), just know that I got ~30-40 marks for the first one and have approximated this one.

I will make a mark scheme in a bit... or at least attempt to make one lol!
I will make a mark scheme in a bit... or at least attempt to make one lol!

Cheers, much appreciated. :smile:
I'm sure it'll all come together, the last mark scheme is near perfect... although it may be difficult to remember all 30 MCQs (both in terms of the actual question and what you put for them), because I don't know about anybody else but by the end I was completely guessing.
Original post by Jackudy3
Cheers, much appreciated. :smile:
I'm sure it'll all come together, the last mark scheme is near perfect... although it may be difficult to remember all 30 MCQs (both in terms of the actual question and what you put for them), because I don't know about anybody else but by the end I was completely guessing.

Yup same I guessed the last 10 or so cause I ran out of time.
Can't believe that you lot have finished AS physics already. Last year it was one before half term and one after. This year they're both in the same week wtf?

Poor kids you guys are.
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Can't believe that you lot have finished AS physics already. Last year it was one before half term and one after. This year they're both in the same week wtf?

Poor kids you guys are.

I view it as a good thing, I'm glad that it is over with. Additional time would just inevitably lead to further procrastination, and there is virtually nothing I could have done to better prepare myself for the paper that they put in front of us all today... vaguely related to the spec, disgusting questions, etc. It was one of those papers that has so many weird questions that you just assume instantly that anyone who understood said weird questions is some sort of genius.

I've probably underestimated my performance today, I doubt it was 20 marks bad, but it was still pretty awful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending