The Student Room Group

Need an advice on LLB Law Unis

I got 3 offers for Law LLB:
Exeter AAA (AAB if firm)
Manchester AAA
Surrey ABB

I’m thinking which uni to pick as my insurance and firm choice
I’m interested in the international law, planning to do master degree after, but I might choose another path, not international law (no one knows)

I visited all of them, but still don’t know....which one would you pick? (I bother about reputation within the UK and outside the UK, employability, quality of teaching, ranking, employability and social life of course)

Also are those unis strict in terms of grades and entry standards?
Manchester's AAA claim is a straight up joke, a lie, and something which is abhorrently misleading.

Exeter will strictly enforce AAA or AAB, usually. (Various posters on here have the stories to confirm that.)

Surrey is ABB, though it could accept a little lower.

I cannot say which you should go with. They're all pretty solid law schools.
Reply 2
Didn’t get last bit :/
Reply 3
I’m an International student... :smile:
What about reputation which one would be better?
Reply 4
I’m planning to work in the UK, however I can’t deny possibility of working abroad, particularly if I’ll choose international law path
Hahahahah, "Manchester FC". God bless you, my sweet summer child.

Agree with pretty much the rest.
Reply 6
Original post by JohanGRK
Manc's probably gonna be well known because of its size and MANCHESTER UNITED** From my experience as a non-UK applicant and student, Exeter and Surrey, not being absolutely 'top tier' in their academic prowess or research, or having the fortune of being located in a big English city, tend to fall off foreigners' radars very quickly.

Qualification: It will depend on your country. Different unis have different degrees of 'reach' and presence across the world. You'd be better off asking the prestige question to some professionals who practice law back home, not to some spotty 17 year olds on TSR. That's assuming that prestige matters in the first place.

Original post by Notoriety
Hahahahah, "Manchester FC". God bless you, my sweet summer child.

Agree with pretty much the rest.

Lol, so I think that as a for international student Manchester seems better....but what about course programmes, do you know, do they differ from each other?
Reply 7
So as I understood from their website Manchester does not unite them into one unit
Reply 8
And what about accommodation, which uni has better accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending