The Student Room Group

Hostages taken at French supermarket

A gunman is holding several people hostage in a supermarket in Trèbes, in the south of France.

French media say the man had earlier fired shots at some policemen who were jogging, wounding one of them, but not critically.

Police special forces have rushed to the Super U shop, near Carcassonne.
A prosecutor says the gunman claims to be in the Islamic State group.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43512791

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Two dead? Different reports. Shooter swears allegiance to ISIS. Is a terrorist confirmed. Hostages freed apparently. But little has been confirmed.

🤔
And Islam increases it's lead by yet another one on "motive for terrorist incidents"
Reply 3
All News channels reporting, 3 dead apparently 🤔
If it weren't for Charlie Hebdo, there wouldn't be such bad ethnic tensions in France.

Perhaps it is just as well we start arresting people for making offensive jokes. I'd rather the freedom to not be killed by a random terrorist than the freedom to laugh at racist jokes.
Reply 5
Original post by AngeryPenguin
If it weren't for Charlie Hebdo, there wouldn't be such bad ethnic tensions in France.

Perhaps it is just as well we start arresting people for making offensive jokes. I'd rather the freedom to not be killed by a random terrorist than the freedom to laugh at racist jokes.

I don’t know if I should agree with you because it is also a form of freedom of expression of art. Sometimes, some artists like to exaggerate stuff. We can’t stop them. But you really have your point made. It’s scary.

So if some group will threaten you for wearing white shoes - you will decide to go barefoot just because you don't want to be killed?
(edited 5 years ago)

This is so retarded. So you think we should just surrender in front of terrorists just because they are offended by some images ???? If they are offended by a picture, then SCREW them.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Chucke1992
So if some group will threaten you for wearing white shoes - you will decide to go barefoot just because you don't want to be killed?

I would cover my white shoes with a burka.
the trou de cul has been shot by the police now.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Trèbes
Here come the GIGN.
Redouane Lakdim is spending his first afternoon with Iblis.
http://images.slideplayer.com/42/11412840/slides/slide_7.jpg

this is what awaits the transgressor; not a Paradise garden.
London Bridge attack memorial this week, this afternoon the Parsons Green bomber got 34 years in prison and this morning there was the supermarket attack.

No problem with Islam in the West 🙄
(edited 5 years ago)

If people are so offended by a cartoon, that they are willing to kill. Perhaps they don't belong here.

How dare you blame charlie hebdo.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
If people are so offended by a cartoon, that they are willing to kill. Perhaps they don't belong here.

How dare you blame charlie hebdo.

Exactly, if the cartoon was offensive then make an official complaint to the producers. Killing them only gave the magazine more publicity.

Blatant victim blaming a la "If women don't want to be raped they shouldn't wear provocative clothing."
Sad to hear, thoughts with victims and families
they did it peacefully so it's ok :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest