The Student Room Group

is this job going to hire me?

so last friday (26th oct) i had a job interview at a supermarket - i thought it went okay, i have no previous work or interview experience so i’m not 100% if i answered the questions very well but i did try my best. it’s now thursday (2nd nov) and i’ve heard nothing from the place, do you think there’s still a chance that they’ll get in contact or should i give up hope and assume they’ve hired someone else?
When did they say you'd hear by?
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
When did they say you'd hear by?

they said the end of next week (so end of this week i think)
Original post by teigannn
so last friday (26th oct) i had a job interview at a supermarket - i thought it went okay, i have no previous work or interview experience so i’m not 100% if i answered the questions very well but i did try my best. it’s now thursday (2nd nov) and i’ve heard nothing from the place, do you think there’s still a chance that they’ll get in contact or should i give up hope and assume they’ve hired someone else?

Hi @teigannn,

It could just be them taking them time to evaluate all the other applicants before they make their decision. It typically takes companies one to two weeks for them to get back to you. But there is no harm in reaching out to them if you believe that sufficient time has passed by. If you're thinking about writing to them, a follow-up email, you can express your continued interest in the position and politely inquire about the status of your application.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 4
Original post by BCU Student Rep

Hi @teigannn,

It could just be them taking them time to evaluate all the other applicants before they make their decision. It typically takes companies one to two weeks for them to get back to you. But there is no harm in reaching out to them if you believe that sufficient time has passed by. If you're thinking about writing to them, a follow-up email, you can express your continued interest in the position and politely inquire about the status of your application.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

what would you reccomend i say in the email
what would you reccomend i say in the email

You can begin it by thanking them for the job interview opportunity, and reiterate my demonstrating your strong interests in the position and how your skills could align with the job description. Since you mentioned uncertainty with how you answered the questions, in the email you could briefly say a few things about how you fit the role. End it off by politely enquiring their timeline regarding the hiring process, and if there is any additional information they might require from your end.

Hope this helps :smile:
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 6
Original post by BCU Student Rep

You can begin it by thanking them for the job interview opportunity, and reiterate my demonstrating your strong interests in the position and how your skills could align with the job description. Since you mentioned uncertainty with how you answered the questions, in the email you could briefly say a few things about how you fit the role. End it off by politely enquiring their timeline regarding the hiring process, and if there is any additional information they might require from your end.

Hope this helps :smile:
Danish
BCU Student Rep

I just sent the email, i’m not sure if they’ll see it but worth a shot
Reply 7

Is this job ( look at the job reference number) still being advised by the supermarket ( was there a closing date for this particular job you applied for as if it is still advertised then they must be looking for people, if it has been taken down ( they have the right to do this when they have enough people for the job) then they have either filled all the vacancies up or they perhaps deciding who they want..

I would apply for other jobs while you are awaiting a reply from them as at this time of year they should have been back in touch with you by now as they would want to get the temporary Xmas staff started and up to speed by the time the rush starts with everyone packing out the shops.

You' can always email the person who interviewed you or the recruitment officer for updates on things or perhaps phone the store up where you applied to and ask the manager for any update. Or if you happen to be in the supermarket area pop in and ask to speak to the manager.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending