The Student Room Group

Higher Sociology 2017-18

Here's a thread for anyone studying SQA Higher Sociology this year to discuss anything related to the subject, such as the course, revision methods and the exam when it comes! And if you have a specific question about a topic, post it in here so other students can help :smile:

How has everyone found the course, and how are you preparing for the exam?
@catsmit and @PollyCracker :wavey: Thought you might find this thread useful :h:
Great thanks Labrador99. I don’t seem to enjoy it as much as I thought I would. How are you finding it? I done my prelim recently (hasn’t been marked yet) and don’t think I did enough for the 20 mark question. So I need to work on this.
Original post by PollyCracker
Great thanks Labrador99. I don’t seem to enjoy it as much as I thought I would. How are you finding it? I done my prelim recently (hasn’t been marked yet) and don’t think I did enough for the 20 mark question. So I need to work on this.

:wavey:

No problem :smile: I'm not doing it myself, just set up the thread to replace the old one :h:

That's not so good that it isn't quite what you expected, but good that you know some of the areas that you need to work on :smile:
Hope your prelim turns out well, but regardless of the result, there is definitely still time to improve before the exam :smile:
Ah, I see. Thanks.

Yeah plenty of time to work on it. Here’s hoping 🤞
Reply 5
Hi there

I am also studying Higher Sociology. I am wondering if anyone has done a past paper.

I’m unsure how to answer question 3, the question asks for a introduction, 2 contrasting studies and theories and conclusion.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks very much. 😊
:wavey:

I saw your post on the other thread, and thought you might like to join in here (Higher Sociology 2017-18 thread) :h:

Hope your prelim went well the other day :smile:

Original post by Windzal
Hello,

I have 3 days to prepare for Sociology Higher prelim.

Does anyone have some sort of self-made 'revision sheet' with the most important things to know in order to score the most points?

Or what would be the top 20% of things to focus in preparation that would bring 80% of results?

I am asking, because I want to make this 3-day revision time the most effective as possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Reply 7
Can anyone advise we have to put together a essay on gender identity? We have to choose two sociologists? I’m unsure to use Marxism and symbolic interaction. Can anyone give me pointers on how to put together an essay on the above topic?

Thanks
How did you all find the exam this morning?
the exam isn't till friday
Original post by fabstrawberry
the exam isn't till friday

Oops, my mistake! Read philosophy on timetable and posted in sociology by accident! :facepalm: :lol:
Original post by Labrador99
Oops, my mistake! Read philosophy on timetable and posted in sociology by accident! :facepalm: :lol:

lmao you genuinely gave me a heart attack for a few seconds, i was immediately trying to figure out if i was meant to go to college today!
my second thought was, then you can tell me what the questions are if you've somehow sat the exam before me lmfao

genuinely though, i'm dreading it! have you got any idea about what is likely to come up?
Original post by fabstrawberry
lmao you genuinely gave me a heart attack for a few seconds, i was immediately trying to figure out if i was meant to go to college today!
my second thought was, then you can tell me what the questions are if you've somehow sat the exam before me lmfao

genuinely though, i'm dreading it! have you got any idea about what is likely to come up?

So sorry about that! :colondollar:
:lol: Unfortunately not, as I'm not sitting the exam, just came (albeit to the completely wrong thread) with the best intentions to ask people how it went :lol:
You can do it, just do your best on Friday! :smile:
Good luck to you all for the exam tomorrow :smile: (Now that I'm not getting my dates and subjects mixed up :lol:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending