The Student Room Group

How to revise history aqa

I need serious help revising. I have no clue on what to revise and how I need help.
Reply 1
Original post by dieu_don
I need serious help revising. I have no clue on what to revise and how I need help.

A level or GCSE? I'm doing A level history with AQA
Loved history AQA! :awesome:
What are you stuck on? Are you finding it difficult to memorise the information or is it the exam questions that are tripping you up? And just for clarity, are you year 10 or 11?
Original post by dieu_don

What courses are you doing ?? I’m doing Weimar/Nazi Germany , Cold War, medicine and Anglo Saxons/ Normans.

I feel like everyone who’s doing history needs to buy a huge pack of sticky notes and write an important date/fact/key person on each and stick it on a wall in your bedroom as a timeline. I’ve done this for all four courses and every night I read each timeline and talk aloud about the event that occurred on that date, for each I talk about the causes , the people involved and the consequences of it. This will seriously prepare you !!! You NEED to know dates and facts and people.

So once you’ve done this have a look in a revision guide. I have the cgp one and on most pages there’s an example exam question. Write answers to every possible question they could ask you so that in the exams you can read the question and think I wrote an answer to this’ , saving you time and meaning you don’t have to panic as much.

Practice practice practice is all I can say.

Good luck
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi, sorry for the misinformation. Im in year 11 and doing GCSE this summer. I'm doing the topics below

Paper 1:

Opportunity and America

Conflict and Tension 1894-1918

Paper 2:

Normans 1066-1100 (I think)

Migration, empire and people

I know what to revise and how to answer questions (using the AQA Scheme of Questions). its just I don't know how to keep the bloody information in my head!!! and I'm really not a mindmap etc person. I don't know what to do

Quick Reply

Latest