The Student Room Group

Psychology revision / exam questions advice!

Hi there,
So I need some advice.
I don't understand how to answer exam questions because I haven't done much and I don't understand really...

I am in year 12
Exam board: AQA

I am most stressed about not knowing the content for the mocks and overall.

What is AO1 in psychology? Examples?
What is AO2? Examples?
What is AO3? Evaluation points? Examples?

How do I structure a 4 mark outline question?
A 6 mark evaluate question?
A 12 mark evaluation question?
A 16 mark evaluation question?

I missed ALL of the attachment topic in college and now I've basically got to learn it ALL in 3 days because I've missed other subject topics and have to start revision on them now it's holidays and the teacher has already started the NEXT topic so I have to revise for that too.

How am I supposed to revise for attachment AND understand everything in 3 days!?

How am I supposed to understand how to answer exam questions!!??

I've been trying to revise non stop and I haven't gotten past the first topic of attachment because it's not sticking inside my head and I'm really stressed out over everything!

I've made detailed notes but they are not sticking inside my head and I keep forgetting everything a while later...

What should I do?

Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ariel2611
Hi there,
So I need some advice.
I don't understand how to answer exam questions because I haven't done much and I don't understand really...

What is AO1 in psychology? Examples?
What is AO2? Examples?
What is AO3? Evaluation points? Examples?

How do I structure a 4 mark outline question?
A 6 mark evaluate question?
A 12 mark evaluation question?
A 16 mark evaluation question?

I missed ALL of the attachment topic in college and now I've basically got to learn it ALL in 3 days because I've missed other subject topics and have to start revision on them now it's holidays and the teacher has already started the NEXT topic so I have to revise for that too!!!
How am I supposed to revise for attachment AND understand everything in 3 days!!!???
How am I supposed to understand how to answer exam questions!!??
I've been trying to revise non stop and I haven't gotten past the first topic of attachment because it's not sticking inside my head and I'm really stressed out over everything!
I've made detailed notes but they are not sticking inside my head and I keep forgetting everything a while later!

What should I do!!???

Woahh dude you need to take a second.
Breathe please.

Now firstly, please do stop repeatedly making this thread in many (incorrect) forums, just make one in the relevant area (moved this to psych study help) or something similar and then bump it with posts every now and then.

Secondly, please relax yourself as best as you can and let people know the following.
Which study level is this for?
Which exam board?
What exactly is troubling you the most right now?

I did a 2 year psychology GCSE course in 1 year and you'll be fine as you get your head down, mind map, revision card, Quizlet, whatever you do to learn something!
You can do this and I wish you all the best.

:bump: So guys can help!
What's AO1, 2 and 3?
Oh well, done this it undergraduate level, cannot help unless i know more details.
(edited 6 years ago)
ao1 point are to desrcibe so for a study like Milgram you ould just need to desrcibe the procedure and results
ao2 points involve applying the study or thoery to real life applications so for example in milgram linking it to hitler, ao2 points also include scenario questions
ao3 points are to evaluate so i use grave. G for generalisability R for reliability A for application V for validity and E for ethics.
I am also struggling in remebering everything as i find that at the time i understand it but within a week i forget it all!!!
Reply 4
Any one found any revision flashcards for Addiction, Eating Behaviour or Relationships? (A Level AQA)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending