The Student Room Group
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds

Leeds vs Glasgow

Hi! I’ve recently applied and been accepted to both Glasgow School of art and Leeds University of Art, and I’m incredibly stuck between the two!

At Glasgow I’ve been accepted for 1st year communication design, and at Leeds illustration. Issue is I’ve already done a foundation year and am told 1st year at Glasgow is very much the same, and don’t really want to do 4 years.
HOWEVER it’s prestigous and I don’t want to miss out on anything, even if I do love Leeds.
Would anyone be willing to give me some advice?

Thank you!
Hello!

At the end of the day, I know I would have to choose the place where I feel happiest and most at home. Have you visited both - did you walk in to either uni and think 'THIS is where I want to be'?

The year you would repeat would probably go by really fast, and could be quite fun. But if that's not for you, then seeing as that is quite a major component of the degree, Leeds could be a better option. You say that Glasgow school of art is prestigious, but is it definitely well established in your degree? You don't want to get there and find that your subject is underfunded, unstructured, etc!

As for the content of the degree, is either one better suited to you? Does either degree give you a chance for a placement year or study abroad? Which one has better employment opportunities? What reviews do they get online from current students?

Is your decision factoring in accommodation (is it close by/cheap?), nightlife, clubs & societies, etc? These are things you might want to consider as well.

Just remember that you will meet amazing people and are likely to have just as much fun either place you go to, so you are unlikely to "miss out" on anything.

:smile:
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending