The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Westminster is truly one of the WORST institutions in the UK. I did masters in architecture there and trust me, it was a complete waste of money. The staff is so useless, my tutors had no clue and didn't care. The lectures were really not informative, I learned more during CPDs at the architecture practice I worked in as a Part 1. The assignments were useless - you don't end up learning anything new as you supposed to as Masters level, they are just tick box exercises. On top of that, it is all 100% independent study, no guidance from tutors and feedback that doesn't help you to progress. This is a shout out to everybody who is about to waste their money by doing masters there...go to a different university where staff actually have dignity about what they do and trying to help you.
Original post by alamod
Westminster is truly one of the WORST institutions in the UK. I did masters in architecture there and trust me, it was a complete waste of money. The staff is so useless, my tutors had no clue and didn't care. The lectures were really not informative, I learned more during CPDs at the architecture practice I worked in as a Part 1. The assignments were useless - you don't end up learning anything new as you supposed to as Masters level, they are just tick box exercises. On top of that, it is all 100% independent study, no guidance from tutors and feedback that doesn't help you to progress. This is a shout out to everybody who is about to waste their money by doing masters there...go to a different university where staff actually have dignity about what they do and trying to help you.

Genuine question now... Are you thick 😂 Westminster isn't even in the top 60 uni's for architecture, why did you go there. It's strengths are in media and the arts, which it has great results in. Go bath if you want architecture and stop taking your poor decisions out on decent unis.
Original post by Elliot2002
Genuine question now... Are you thick 😂 Westminster isn't even in the top 60 uni's for architecture, why did you go there. It's strengths are in media and the arts, which it has great results in. Go bath if you want architecture and stop taking your poor decisions out on decent unis.

Well here you go.You sound like a typical Westminster student - disrespectful and abnoctious. Go get some manners and maybe read something.
Original post by alamod
Well here you go.You sound like a typical Westminster student - disrespectful and abnoctious. Go get some manners and maybe read something.

And you sound like a classic person who has degrees telling people that you're clever. But in the real world everyone can see you're not. See you didn't actually have an answer to any of my points and instead here we are; with you looking silly because as I originally stated: you made a bad decision.
Original post by Elliot2002
And you sound like a classic person who has degrees telling people that you're clever. But in the real world everyone can see you're not. See you didn't actually have an answer to any of my points and instead here we are; with you looking silly because as I originally stated: you made a bad decision.

Look at your initial response, where you "had degrees" telling me I was thick. You have no idea what was my motivation to make this decision - so don't comment on something you have no clue about. The architecture school is not a standalone organisation but a part of the university (if you don't get it) - so its poor level brings down the whole university. Anyway, this is a pointless discussion, I do not have the time for you. Move on :wink:
Original post by alamod
Look at your initial response, where you "had degrees" telling me I was thick. You have no idea what was my motivation to make this decision - so don't comment on something you have no clue about. The architecture school is not a standalone organisation but a part of the university (if you don't get it) - so its poor level brings down the whole university. Anyway, this is a pointless discussion, I do not have the time for you. Move on :wink:

Better luck next time little boy.
Hey... What about landscape architecture at Kingston University?
I got an offer for MA Lanscape Architecture in East London and Kingston. Any suggestions???
(Original post by heavenlight)Hi! How successful were you on finding employment after your time studying architecture in kingston?

I'm a Architecture Student from Kingston University, i also had a choice to go to Westminster, but decided to come to Kingston and believe me don't look at Rankings.

If you want to become a hardcore Architect then come to kingston. Their facilities are the best round London. Kingston is the ONLY uni around London to have ArchiLab and now we have a new computer room, where we have been provided with Mac/Windows with latest Software, which includes AutoCad, Photoshop, 3D Software, Premiere, Final Cut Pro and other Adobe Software, which you will be requird to use once you are working.

I've had no problems with teaching levels and as the year is progressing they are planning new things for new students.

Westminster is a good Uni, but still doesn't have the level as Kingston, in terms of facilities.

The choice is yours.

If you need anyother Info then do let me know and i'll be able to help you.

Original post by heavenlight
Hi

I'm a Architecture Student from Kingston University, i also had a choice to go to Westminster, but decided to come to Kingston and believe me don't look at Rankings.

If you want to become a hardcore Architect then come to kingston. Their facilities are the best round London. Kingston is the ONLY uni around London to have ArchiLab and now we have a new computer room, where we have been provided with Mac/Windows with latest Software, which includes AutoCad, Photoshop, 3D Software, Premiere, Final Cut Pro and other Adobe Software, which you will be requird to use once you are working.

I've had no problems with teaching levels and as the year is progressing they are planning new things for new students.

Westminster is a good Uni, but still doesn't have the level as Kingston, in terms of facilities.

The choice is yours.

If you need anyother Info then do let me know and i'll be able to help you.

Latest

Trending

Trending