The Student Room Group

GDL Application

Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help. I graduated uni in 2015, and have since worked full time. Most recently for the past 18 months I have worked in the civil service, in two different roles that involved the law, and differing amounts of legal knowledge with regards to benefits.
I am currently applying to study the GDL at a few different universities, and one of the applications asks about professional experience. Would it be worth including this small amount of experience as professional experience, or am I better leaving it off due to how limited this experience is?
A) Put it in. It is experience.

B) Don't overthink. It is a GDL; it is not going to be hard to get on.
Reply 2
Original post by Notoriety

Thank you, i've added it into my application now :-)
Reply 3
Original post by Notoriety

Hi, i wanted to thank you again for the advice. Can i ask, the application is now asking for a copy of my CV. Is it still worth putting my professional experience in? I've only been in my current job since feb 2018, and my previous, also relevant job i was in from feb 17 - feb 18.
Please let me know what you think?
Original post by catzisme
Hi, i wanted to thank you again for the advice. Can i ask, the application is now asking for a copy of my CV. Is it still worth putting my professional experience in? I've only been in my current job since feb 2018, and my previous, also relevant job i was in from feb 17 - feb 18.

Listen - the GDL is 2 a penny - your problem is going to be getting a training contract if you want to be a solicitor.
Original post by catzisme

I must refer you to B! Don't overthink.

They like to over-formalise the process to make it seem more "legit" than it really is. I think a CV necessarily involves your professional experience and I think it would therefore be relevant to list it. That said, I don't think your only having worked at Tesco would be significantly detrimental to your application, given they are more after your money than stellar minds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending