The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Postgraduate accommodation 18-19

Hey,

Does anyone know the best kinda contract for postgraduate students (38, 39, 51 weeks)? The 51 week contract starts later, meaning I'd miss 'Welcome Week', is there much on postgrads that week? I don't want to miss out on anything or the chance to meet people, or even turn up to a flat where everyone has already made friends. (I'm coming from Glasgow and don't know anyone in Belfast)

I emailed accommodation services and they said I could select 38 or 39 weeks and seek a summer extension in June, however I'm not sure how difficult this is to obtain, or whether the weekly rate would increase. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by charlestlang
Hey,

Does anyone know the best kinda contract for postgraduate students (38, 39, 51 weeks)? The 51 week contract starts later, meaning I'd miss 'Welcome Week', is there much on postgrads that week? I don't want to miss out on anything or the chance to meet people, or even turn up to a flat where everyone has already made friends. (I'm coming from Glasgow and don't know anyone in Belfast)

I emailed accommodation services and they said I could select 38 or 39 weeks and seek a summer extension in June, however I'm not sure how difficult this is to obtain, or whether the weekly rate would increase. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi!

As a postgrad it'll probably be best for you to be able to have a flexible tenancy length. Swanston House offers you to choose a mimimum of 44 weeks and if you choose to extend your stay later on in the year you can easily do so without having any sort of increase in your rent. There are also great social spaces so that you can meet all sorts of new people.

You can check out the property here:
https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/belfast/accommodation/swanston-house
NK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending