The Student Room Group

I'm dropping a GCSE what should I take instead of it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by leahnj
thats good! id reccomend additional further sciencesince its similar to triple

okay thanks
Original post by hibachouds
its just between pe and art

Then I personally would just stick with what you enjoy most as you will work harder if you are enjoying yourself :smile:
my school doesnt offer those subjects at GCSE level

Whaaaaaaattttt!!!! No Religious Studies......but isn't it COMPULSORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well at my school we only get 4 options and 1 has to be a language and 1 has to be a humanity e.g. Geography or History. Then we get 2 options to choose anything. I chose Spanish, History, Ethics and Music. History is actually alot of fun i really enjoy the topic but I am a bit of a literary nerd :/
It sounds like you're a very mathematical kinda logical person so i can see why you'd hate art and pe. I suggest doing maybe History because History&Geography together look great on a CV or Music if you need something creative because I think it's the most maths based creative subject personally. Ethics is also fun but it's alot of religion based stuff which is interesting to learn about but not everyones cuppa tea ya know :P Hope you make a good decision good luck bro!
Y11 here. Drop art. Everyone I’ve spoken to, even people who really love doing art, wished they hadn’t taken it a GCSE. And 9 GCSE’s isn’t bad, we do 13 but no 6th forms care as long as you have 7.
Original post by Religion 9
Whaaaaaaattttt!!!! No Religious Studies......but isn't it COMPULSORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. Loads of schools make it compulsory but it’s not nationally compulsory. Should be though, it’s as if not more useful than English and Maths.
Original post by DerivativeName
No. Loads of schools make it compulsory but it’s not nationally compulsory. Should be though, it’s as if not more useful than English and Maths.

I love Religious Studies and want a Grade 9 as suggested by my name....................................Haem!!!????:smile::colone::s-smilie::confused::confused::confused:
Reply 27
[QUOTE=hibachouds;77251622]Hi I am thinking of dropping the GCSE option which is art or pe and I am meant to be doing 10 GCSE's in total and I can't really afford to drop one at the moment but I really hate art and pe so I'm going to have to drop it. I want to do another GCSE but im not sure what to do. P.S. I'm already doing business studies, geography, Spanish and triple science.

What do you like? History I do history GCSEs and it is really good and quite easy, what about drama drama is really easy I find and lastly French I do French and I love it it makes me more confident to speak out on holiday

I'm doing drama, history, resistance materials, French. I'm in year 11 I finish I June what exam board are you doing. I would say that French or history are the two mains ones I would say that would be good as I am doing them now and you learn a lot in these subjects. If you are doing AQA exam board for history you would be learning about Elizabethan England, medicine through time, Germany, and the interwar years between WW1 and WW2 I love history, in French you learn about extending the vocabulary and doing lots of photo cards and role plays and also you through the past tense and the present tense and the future tense and how they work. I hope this helps with your decision.
I love Religious Studies and want a Grade 9 as suggested by my name....................................Haem!!!????:smile::colone::s-smilie::confused::confused::confused:

Same. Managed to get full marks for both mock papers so looking hopeful. What year are you in. If you’re in Year 11 good luck, and what alevels are you doing?
Reply 29

nah not in my school
nah not in my school

Spoiler

Reply 31
If you're looking for a tutor, click on the attachment.

Quick Reply

Latest