The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
Tom
Surely that's just photoshopped.....surely?

:s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: My thoughts exactly.

Let's just hope she doesn't plan to have children anytime soon...
hmm... i don't like that. not remotely sexy ;no; i mean corsets in gerneral = :love: but going that far is a bit eww.
Reply 2202
Adhsur
:s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: My thoughts exactly.

Let's just hope she doesn't plan to have children anytime soon...

It doesn't stop you having kids, corsets just reposition your internal organs, although they can increase the risk of a prolapsed uterus. Plus once you start tightlacing like that where you wear them 23 hours a day you pretty much can't live without it because the muscles in your back begin to waste.

It's definitely not photoshopped.
The corset picture is Not Cool, but it's also...well, it's what *all* upper-class women were expected to do at one point. At least now we have the choice, either way.

To get off the dresses...is it bad that I'm procrastinating from my dissertation by relearning Anglo-Saxon grammar?!
Adhsur
Are you just concerned about watching it or are you actually a pro-lifer puppy? If the latter, that's very admirable, join the camp :biggrin:

There are also some of us who think forcing a woman to carry and give birth to a child against her will is pretty sick too... I hasten to add that I really don't want to turn this thread into a pro/anti choice debate by any means, I just wanted to register my opinion.

Re: Corsets... I'm afraid the phenomenon gets much worse than that - it was also commen for some men to wear them a couple of hundred years ago, and they were so tight that they *displaced organs* :s: Was supposed to be a sign of wealth and class...
puppy
It doesn't stop you having kids, corsets just reposition your internal organs, although they can increase the risk of a prolapsed uterus. Plus once you start tightlacing like that where you wear them 23 hours a day you pretty much can't live without it because the muscles in your back begin to waste.

It's definitely not photoshopped.

but surely you couldnt support a pregnancy then, if you couldnt take it off? or do they make maternity corsets? :s-smilie:

i can completely see the appeal of it - i've always planned to buy a real, fitted, lace-up corset when i can afford it (i.e. not for a while yet!) - but i wouldnt want to deform myself that permanently to that extent!
Reply 2206
epitome

To get off the dresses...is it bad that I'm procrastinating from my dissertation by relearning Anglo-Saxon grammar?!

I win, I was looking at incontinence products.
Bumblebee3
There are also some of us who think forcing a woman to carry and give birth to a child against her will is pretty sick too...

I think I'd go for something rather stronger than "sick".

MB
musicbloke

MB

I was going for my typical understatement...
Reply 2210
Hahaha!

I've only had 13 of those listed. I feel like I'm missing out. A lot of my kooky meds arn't listed. I guess they're not cool enough :sad:
Reply 2211
scarlet ibis

They did prozac twice, are they stupid?
Reply 2212
musicbloke

MB

What do you call scrambling up a baby into pieces and vacuuming it out, then?
Reply 2213
minimo
Hahaha!

I've only had 13 of those listed. I feel like I'm missing out. A lot of my kooky meds arn't listed. I guess they're not cool enough :sad:

I havent had many of them, but then they also didn't list a lot of stuff I take for ****s and giggles.
minimo
Hahaha!

I tried Ritalin during an essay crisis once. It didn't help.
Reply 2215
Bumblebee3
There are also some of us who think forcing a woman to carry and give birth to a child against her will is pretty sick too... I hasten to add that I really don't want to turn this thread into a pro/anti choice debate by any means, I just wanted to register my opinion.

I kind of expect women to take responsibility for their actions, not just kill things when they become an inconvenience.

And assuming they got pregnant through consensual sex then it was their choice and their will. Whenever you have sex you know there's a risk you'll get pregnant, you can't just shirk your responsibilities just because things don't turn out quite the way you like.
Reply 2216
Bumblebee3
I tried Ritalin during an essay crisis once. It didn't help.

God I'd love some ritalin or modafinil right about now.
Reply 2217
I don't think they listed lorazepam which is my all time favourite.
puppy
What do you call scrambling up a baby into pieces and vacuuming it out, then?

"a damn sight better than a dead mother, who had responsibilities, friends, probably a family"

How does that do?

And fyi, it's not a baby.

MB
Reply 2219
New thread for angry thoughts please :frown: This is my happy place

Latest

Trending

Trending