The Student Room Group

Dropping out of Sixth Form

So I'm in Year 12 and I absolutely hate it. Ever since about Xmas, I have lacked so much motivation to study for my exams. I HATE my school with a passion and part of the reason for why I want to leave is to escape them. I have no interest in my subjects apart from Business. I've applied to college hopefully to start in September.
Because I'm sitting my AS exams in literally a weeks time, does it really matter if I fail them?
I feel really guilty about what I am doing because I come from a family where not necessarily I have to get top marks but to do what is considered as 'normal' i.e. A-levels and do well to go to uni.
Future wise, I would like to go off to uni but it has never been a dream of mines.
Am I doing the right thing? How do I stop caring about what others would think of me? Is leaving a good idea for my situation?
Anyone who can relate/ give advice leave comments :smile:)
Original post by moonlight.0501
So I'm in Year 12 and I absolutely hate it. Ever since about Xmas, I have lacked so much motivation to study for my exams. I HATE my school with a passion and part of the reason for why I want to leave is to escape them. I have no interest in my subjects apart from Business. I've applied to college hopefully to start in September.
Because I'm sitting my AS exams in literally a weeks time, does it really matter if I fail them?
I feel really guilty about what I am doing because I come from a family where not necessarily I have to get top marks but to do what is considered as 'normal' i.e. A-levels and do well to go to uni.
Future wise, I would like to go off to uni but it has never been a dream of mines.
Am I doing the right thing? How do I stop caring about what others would think of me? Is leaving a good idea for my situation?
Anyone who can relate/ give advice leave comments :smile:)

Your choice and your life.

Presumably you are starting from scratch again? Does your school know?

You have to declare all attempts to UCAS, but doubt it would affect you much..

Quick Reply

Latest