The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anamaria90
Being a twin I get asked a lot of strange questions.
Such as..."How do you know that you are you?" or "Do you have the same Dad?"

I get **** like that all the time :frown:
Nasher and Basher
That I need proof of age to buy plastic cultery from Tesco- happened to me twice.

:rofl: :rofl:

seriously?

once a woman in sainsburys said 2 me when i went to try some banana thing they had free

" stop"- i said why

she said well ARE you a monkey?

to which i laughed

then she was like why are you so cockey- GET OUT!

i was like- what just happened here??:confused:
Reply 62
My friend on the plane:
"How fast do you think we're moving, about 300mph?"
We werent moving. :biggrin:
I overheard a cashier saying "Well we all have a clone these days, don't we?"

I was also told I have "natural lipliner"...
Reply 64
our form tutor asking the boys in the class to put there hands up for a count.
sweetest-downfall
when I once mentioned a brothel she said 'Isn't that the place where they give out soup to the homeless?'. She's wonderful.

Wow.
Nasher and Basher
Wow.

Yes that was my response too.
Reply 67
Hmm... This is the best exchange I can think of.

American woman (walking ahead of me, I didn't know her): "What's an ironmonger?"
Me: Someone who mongs iron.
Her: Really? That some kooky English phrase?

It makes me laugh :rolleyes:
People say weird stuff to me all the time... today one of the people at work said they had a cauldron and that i looked tasty... weirdos lol
Reply 69
Ok, so I wear glasses and have(relatively) short hair. I'm also fat and wear large clothes. Not butch, really, Just "not feminine" according to 99% of the male population >.>

So i go inot this metal bar at about midnight and there's this 30something drunk metalhead I've never seen before
"hey, you"
"yeah"
"no matter how ugly you make yourself, I'll still see you as a chick"
"...right"
"no really/. Why do you chop off your hair and wear glasses? act like a girl, dammit"
"..."
"so, really now, are you a lesbian?"
"oh yes, the cock is for sluts. i love them titties"

And proceed to go to my usual table. he talks and talks for about an hour about how I'm ruining the life of every chick I talk to and will, eventually end up in the cock. like, literally.

Also in that bar, this random guy shows up
"You know, you may be ugly, you may be dumb, you may be sexist, you may have small tits, you may be fat and goddamit you're ugly, but I love you".
When I was on the train once, a homeless guy came and sat next to me and started holding my hand. I was like 'mmmm ok...' and didn't have the courage to take it away. He was about 30, maybe and started asking if I would adopt him, like really trying to convince me to (I was 17, maybe 18 at the time...). Bless him, he obviously had some psychological issues, but it was definitely one of the most random things anyone's ever asked me.

xx
Reply 71
Was sitting in town on a bench waiting for my mum minding my own buisness and this random guy came up to me (one of those promoting christianity people) And said
'Do you believe in Jesus?'
and before i got a word in he pointed to the logo on my hoodie which said 'death kitty' and said
'You must be some sort of antichrist!!' he said it like really accusingly and loud and pointed at me, people looked!
I was like WTF?? lol
ShaolinTemple
I was playing basketball at a basketball park with some friends. We decided to have a break and I wanted to get some food across the road at the news agents. I bought a sandwich and there was a granny standing next to me at the till.
She then proceeded to say:"Oh my, that's a big one!" whilst looking at my sandwich.

What are you supposed to do in a situation like that?

DUH, she's making a pass at you. The British response is to thrust your penis into the crisp rack.

Paulwhy
I mention my Father once to someone and they replied "I did not think of you as the kind of person who would have a father."

This has happened to me before! I was saying something about my Dad and she goes 'WHAT? You have a Dad?' I said 'Why wouldn't I have a Dad' and she said 'I dunno, you just don't look like the Dad type' lol. Another person I've spoke to before was surprised I 'had' a Dad. Maybe it's because in that same meeting I spontaneously burst out into 'Food, Glorious Food!'

On the topic of strange things, today a friend was vigorously insisting that there were more Muslims than any other religion in the UK..

Once a man sat opposite me on the bus and said 'I've just got out of prison. Ten years. ****ing horrific mate. I think you know what I mean. What's life like these days? Can I borrow just a couple of quid?' I scarpered.
Reply 73
Ginger_Rogers
Haha, all the time. You can have great fun with her, because she believes anything you tell her as well. Ah, she's the best! :biggrin:

I am that 'dumb' friend:redface: I once tried to withhold my telephone number from the police, after phoning them from my mobile, by using 141. Needless to say it didn't work and when I told my friend about it and how confused I was that I couldn't do it even though people called up anonymously on The Bill all the time she explained to me that it was done by using a public phone box and not leaving your name:redface:

In the same call I also tried to cut the policewoman off by telling her I was running out of credit and that she'd have to hurry up. I then hung up on her and she phoned back. Again it had to be my friend who reminded me that calling the police was free.

Strangest thing someones ever said to me is the random guy who walked up to me in the street and told me to stop stealing the fish from Sainsburys. Then there was the drunk man who asked me to go 'mattress hopping' with him. Not sure if that was a euphemism or not..
Reply 74
Someone repped me saying "You remind me of Winnie the Pooh (in a nice way):biggrin:" which was probably the strangest thing anyone has repped me with! :p:
A girl in my G.C.S.E geography class, thought Japan was in the Caribbean, and didn't know where that was either. And she thought Australia was next to Paris...... She also thought Norway was the capital of Sweden

Needless to say, she failed miserably.
Once I was running to the train station in order not to miss my train, and I ran past this little old lady, who yelled after me, "i'll have your legs and you can have mine!!" *shudders at the thought of legs changing into little old lady legs*
Reply 77
TheLandOfNorwegia
A girl in my G.C.S.E geography class, thought Japan was in the Caribbean, and didn't know where that was either. And she thought Australia was next to Paris...... She also thought Norway was the capital of Sweden

Needless to say, she failed miserably.

How did they even let her take the class?!
Oh, and I used to get asked strange stuff all the time when i worked as a guide at Longleat House. E.g. "Are you one of Lord Bath's wifelets?" (surrrre, because I work there I *must* be...) and "are these paintings old?" (it's an Elizabethan stately home...)

And once, this little boy came into the nursery room at Longleat House and said, "mummy, is this where Jesus was born?" :rofl:
some of the strangest things come from kids. although obviously it's just cuz they don't know any better.

me: *points to picture of an elephant* and what's this one called?
nephew: umm......a cow. but it's horns grew on the wrong side of his face.

Latest

Trending

Trending