The Student Room Group

goldies poll best things put on pancakes (2 votes)

This poll is closed

goldies poll best things put on pancakes (2 votes)

Sugar19%
Jam10%
Chocolate 7%
Nutella21%
Fruit19%
Cream0%
Lemon Juice19%
Honey5%
Total votes: 42
dont know if thi is last one til next week i will try tomorrow if i got time:smile:
From the options given: jam and fruit.

My suggestions: fried bacon with fried mushrooms and melted cheese. That is the savoury heaven of a pancake! :sogood:
Original post by Kallisto

My suggestions: fried bacon with fried mushrooms and melted cheese. That is the savoury heaven of a pancake! :sogood:

did not know you could have bacon on pancakes is that a german thing?
Original post by Wise Goldie
did not know you could have bacon on pancakes is that a german thing?

It is my thing and I did it in my way. Bacon bits maybe more decent, but each to their own.
To be fair, I’ve had all of those options on a pancake, all are nice. But Nutella + banana/strawberry (or both) is simply superior.

Or something involving pesto and cheese (and maybe some spinach or tomatoes)? :tongue:
Reply 7
Cheese and ham! Yum!!
Original post by butterfliesss
To be fair, I’ve had all of those options on a pancake, all are nice. But Nutella + banana/strawberry (or both) is simply superior.

have you had bacon or cheese? that sounds horrible to me:frown:
Original post by Debs25
Cheese and ham! Yum!!

Stalls have these combined toppings at fun fairs. Guess that you are there now and then.
dont know if thi is last one til next week i will try tomorrow if i got time:smile:

Syrup is good on pancakes 🥞🥞
Stalls have these combined toppings at fun fairs. Guess that you are there now and then.

I make them at home too!
Bruh ima need some Canadian Maple Syrup on my pancakes - But Nutella is gorgeous as well
have you had bacon or cheese? that sounds horrible to me:frown:

nope, but a savoury pancake is definitely something i’d be up for trying. maybe not bacon as i’m not a huge fan, but cheese, tomato, spinach, pesto, ham have all been suggested and sound like they’d be nice.
nope, but a savoury pancake is definitely something i’d be up for trying. maybe not bacon as i’m not a huge fan, but cheese, tomato, spinach, pesto, ham have all been suggested and sound like they’d be nice.

These toppings you named are almost rather used for pizza than pancakes. Though I agree: savoury taste on pancake is so underrated.
(edited 12 months ago)
These toppings you named are almost rather used for pizza than pancakes. Though I agree: savoury taste on pancake is so underrated.

Makes sense, my love for pizza does cloud my judgment.
Reply 16
Makes sense, my love for pizza does cloud my judgment.

what strangest pizza you have tried?
My family like Marmite
(yuk)

Quick Reply

Latest