The Student Room Group

Does my friend like me or am I just being delusional?

I think I have a poor skill in identifying if people have a crush on me- only get with people when drunk- so sad rip. Anyway, this poor skill relates to a situation with my friend. We’re quite close friends, not best but yeah close. She has said rather exaggerated things about not wanting to get with me ever “wouldn’t sleep with you if u were the last person on earth” and “you’re nice but I don’t want to shag you”- I have never in anyway flirted whilst sober with this friend. I flirt with all of my friends when im drunk and looks don’t matter when im really drunk..I ofc remember that im talking to friends and never pursue them/ kiss them. I only get with other people. Back to my main point- the friend im talking about said those things which were kind of hurtful but idk if it’s just unique to me but I say exaggerated things when I actually fancy someone (I used to say similar things about someone I used to fancy to my friends so they wouldn’t know my crush). Am I being delusional thinking that? Because I know how girls think/ play games sometimes. But to add to the situation- this friend has been flirting over text slightly when she’s sober recently and one thing she said actually made me blush. Idk if it’s just my inexperienced ass but yeah I’m really confused. I’ve kind of developed feelings for this friend but also haven’t…like I don’t know how I feel. I think they’re attractive but irl I can’t imagine us having any chemistry. This is a very badly written post so apologies but could this friend actually like me? I’m worried about saying something to them because of the statements they said…

I’ve thought about saying stuff like “are you flirting with me or do you speak to everyone like this” in a jokey way so it’s not so obvious what I’m asking but idk. They’ve said they’d sleep with another friend behind their back not to their face (side note- the friend they would sleep with is less attractive than me), so I’m really thrown about whether or not I’m overthinking

Cheers
Reply 1
I think they may like you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending