The Student Room Group

what shall i do?? (advice)

I start my GCSE's on Monday and I have a concert I want to go to in October and my dad said he will buy me the tickets as they come out in June but he will keep my ticket until results day in August and if I don't get 7's for half of my subjects he will sell the ticket and I cant go. After he said that I lost all confidence and I just don't know what to do. It's not that I don't have the ability to get 7's for 4 of my subjects but I'm not sure if I should risk it as I will be heartbroken if I don't go. Also, the extra stress of getting well is really freaking me out but at the same time, I don't want to lose out on the opportunity. I'm really conflicted right now. Could anyone help???
I too am sitting GCSEs this year and my advice to you is CHILL OUT. Over stressing is possibly the worst thing to do right now. At the end of the day, you only have 3 days left and you can only do so much! If you are capable of 7s anyway you’ll be absolutely fine and I’m not sure I agree with your fathers tactics- no offence. Do this for you, this is not the end of the world, think of it like this- on exam results day it’ll all be over! See that as a reward but for now relax your brain and try not to cram.
You know your stuff, Put in on the paper and you'll be fine. When you get in there laugh in that papers face and tell if you're going to that concert. BUT my advice always forgets about it. Your gcses matter very minimally later on, this concert is going to be a blast and you would have forgotten about this stress so picture yourself there laughing about this freakout. Hope it helps.

Quick Reply

Latest