The Student Room Group

I'm looking to go into biochemical engineering / biomedical engineering

I'm looking to take one of these two as a masters I currently do biochemistry bsc what revenant experience shall I uptake before applying ?
Original post by Alevel2021stress
I'm looking to take one of these two as a masters I currently do biochemistry bsc what revenant experience shall I uptake before applying ?

Hi @Alevel2021stress

It's difficult to recommend specifics, as each university will have its own requirements in terms of grades and experience. Firstly I'd recommend working hard at your degree and doing further reading. Also, reach out to any lecturers who teach/research in areas you are interested in and your universities careers services to ask questions about what they recommend, as they'll probably be the most knowledgeable.

In terms of general advice I always give for any bioscience student trying to find things to do before they graduate, maybe see if you can get any work experience (i.e. through an internship or placement year) in either of these fields, or just in general. Getting science related experience outside of your modules not only looks great on a CV and gives you something to talk about in an interview but also it'll help you generally learn more about the sector and where you can see yourself fitting into it.

If your university has a biology society, join it. Maybe see if you can do a presentation or blog post about biochemical or biomedical engineering? It'll all potentially help you in the future if you need to talk about why you're passionate about the field.

Good luck,
Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest