The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by mon2.7
After seeing this thread, I believe that maybe Brits themselves should leave.

The topic of this thread should be the worrying answer of your mother. "Relieved". Seriously? This is actually quite similar to Hitler's wish to completely eliminate everybody who wasn't of the Aryan super-race.

I, for one, am offended.

So you accept there is a British people?
As someone who voted brexit, I don't have a problem with migrants and my grandparents were Polish I just feel the whole immigration thing became out of control just as brexit or remain we were screwed either way.

I currently live on a council estate where the majority of tenants are Eastern European, all my neighbours in my block are Polish, next block has Romanian, Polish, Hungarian.

Which again isn't a problem in itself but the area since migration in the mid 2000's has become a slum, gardens so overgrown to stereotypical standards, piled up old matresses, furntiure in garden, fly tippers (which have foreign plates) imagine walking down your street and even the nice people speak to you in Polish and get shocked when you don't speak it!

And the impact on local hospital was a pain too, not just because of the massive increase in population overall but turning up for appointments one time for me I was 45 minutes early this girl spoke exactly ZERO english and needed a interpreter, a simple appointment making took over 45 minutes as she even needed "whats your name" translated, "whats your address" etc.

And the problems in every property I have lived in on this estate in past few years the migrants are the ones that follow the drunken male stereotype, women are friendly but men drink in the streets, make sexual comments to young women (one was in local paper how 2 men stood outside the local school and said to every girl that went past even the 12 year olds they would make excellent prostitutes and how much did they charge)

Had similar experiences in my last town too, but on top is I know people one is a friend who has severe health problems that cause him to have seizures and he has minor brain damage, he can't get a council property but I know migrants from multiple countries get them, and some outright I know are doing multiple benefit frauds (like getting flat claiming they are single parents, moving partner in and claiming tax credits when not entitled) but then boasting about it to everyone!

Had a "polish cultural day" on my estate last week, no surprise but guess what, all the advertisments WERE IN POLISH ONLY!!!

Basically whats the point of having it if everyone on the estate was already Polish/Eastern European as it just encourages more segregation, that and local council had to get all its phone staff/reception staff to learn basic Polish as they had overwhelming enquiries about benefits/housing

Quite bad they have issues when British have to struggle.

It may seem from all that a little racist but just voicing experiences.

Onto the actual question though I don't want them to leave, as thats just wrong but i don't think the numbers should increase as they have taken advantage too much, in a ideal world they would be respectful and integrate better but thats not likely to happen.
Reply 82
Original post by Doonesbury
Yup. Do you mean the...

Celts or Picts?
Romans?
Angles? Saxons?
Viking?
Normans?

Which particular group of invaders are your Brit(ish). Such a good word for it isn't it... Brit-ish. All of "your people" are almost, but not quite, Brits.

I mean the British people and nation, formed over thousands of years of legacy. This is a highly complex thing, so much so that you can't create a British society or values without British people. British society is a product of these people who have been here for thousands of years. It is not something that can be claimed or given, you are either British or you aren't. The same goes for all people, this legacy matters, which is why they can't be British, and a British person can't be of their nation. This is reality. Nothing anyone of us can do about it, but attempting to destroy the British nation and people, in the name of Neo-Liberal ideology will lead to violence. We saw this in Ireland also. We see the in Britain today with the Asian, African and Eastern European gangs asserting themselves. Once the British state can't hold these competing nations together, there will be untold violence, but most importantly the British nation, people and legacy will be overthrow, means the legacy of my people will die, my people will die.
Reply 83
Original post by drbluebox
As someone who voted brexit, I don't have a problem with migrants and my grandparents were Polish I just feel the whole immigration thing became out of control just as brexit or remain we were screwed either way.

I currently live on a council estate where the majority of tenants are Eastern European, all my neighbours in my block are Polish, next block has Romanian, Polish, Hungarian.

Which again isn't a problem in itself but the area since migration in the mid 2000's has become a slum, gardens so overgrown to stereotypical standards, piled up old matresses, furntiure in garden, fly tippers (which have foreign plates) imagine walking down your street and even the nice people speak to you in Polish and get shocked when you don't speak it!

And the impact on local hospital was a pain too, not just because of the massive increase in population overall but turning up for appointments one time for me I was 45 minutes early this girl spoke exactly ZERO english and needed a interpreter, a simple appointment making took over 45 minutes as she even needed "whats your name" translated, "whats your address" etc.

And the problems in every property I have lived in on this estate in past few years the migrants are the ones that follow the drunken male stereotype, women are friendly but men drink in the streets, make sexual comments to young women (one was in local paper how 2 men stood outside the local school and said to every girl that went past even the 12 year olds they would make excellent prostitutes and how much did they charge)

Had similar experiences in my last town too, but on top is I know people one is a friend who has severe health problems that cause him to have seizures and he has minor brain damage, he can't get a council property but I know migrants from multiple countries get them, and some outright I know are doing multiple benefit frauds (like getting flat claiming they are single parents, moving partner in and claiming tax credits when not entitled) but then boasting about it to everyone!

Had a "polish cultural day" on my estate last week, no surprise but guess what, all the advertisments WERE IN POLISH ONLY!!!

Basically whats the point of having it if everyone on the estate was already Polish/Eastern European as it just encourages more segregation, that and local council had to get all its phone staff/reception staff to learn basic Polish as they had overwhelming enquiries about benefits/housing

Quite bad they have issues when British have to struggle.

It may seem from all that a little racist but just voicing experiences.

Onto the actual question though I don't want them to leave, as thats just wrong but i don't think the numbers should increase as they have taken advantage too much, in a ideal world they would be respectful and integrate better but thats not likely to happen.

No, no, we are past the 'we can integrate them' state, we know it is a lie. We know the legacy of your ancestors and people lives on, it doesn't matter where you go, your people will form the same type of society and attempt to install their nation. This is the reality. British people overseas do the exact same thing, which overthrows someone else's nation and legacy. The only option is what I pointed out earlier, the gradual leaving of all the not-British population or mass violence and the British people being overthrown on our own land. This is what all history shows us, this is what happens. Now I don't want violence, I want to do all I can to prevent it. Which is why I want the not-British population to leave, and for the British state to enable this. As the British state has been enforcing this upon the British nation for 200 years now. It doesn't mean our problems go away, but it means we aren't threatened with mass violence or dead of our nation, that would be a great relief for my people.
Reply 84
As for the Jews, they have the right of return to Israel.
Reply 85
Original post by Clockrice
No, no, we are past the 'we can integrate them' state, we know it is a lie. We know the legacy of your ancestors and people lives on, it doesn't matter where you go, your people will form the same type of society and attempt to install their nation. This is the reality. British people overseas do the exact same thing, which overthrows someone else's nation and legacy. The only option is what I pointed out earlier, the gradual leaving of all the not-British population or mass violence and the British people being overthrown on our own land. This is what all history shows us, this is what happens. Now I don't want violence, I want to do all I can to prevent it. Which is why I want the not-British population to leave, and for the British state to enable this. As the British state has been enforcing this upon the British nation for 200 years now. It doesn't mean our problems go away, but it means we aren't threatened with mass violence or dead of our nation, that would be a great relief for my people.

So in short you advocate ethnic cleansing for the good of the white Britain?

Why?
So I was talking with my mother and I ask how she would feel if the not-British population left tomorrow, she said 'relieved'. So how would you feel?

When I say not-British population I mean all those people who aren't ethnically British or of ancestry within Britain. So the Asians, Africans, Jews, Eastern/Southern Europeans and recent immigrants from North Western Europe.

I wouldn't care . In fact, hundreds of thousands of people leave every year and nobody cares
Reply 87
Original post by Napp
So in short you advocate ethnic cleansing for the good of the white Britain?

Why?

No, the ethnic cleansing is happening, I am advocating that is is stopped from happening.

Because Israel is their homeland and nation. Why should Jews be in Britain?
Reply 88
No, the ethnic cleansing is happening, I am advocating that is is stopped from happening.

Err advocating the expulsion of "all dem coloured sorts" is literally the definition of ethnic cleansing - thus are are you 'advocating that it is stopped from happening' ?

Because Israel is their homeland and nation. Why should Jews be in Britain?

I think you'll find the people who live[d] there would strongly disagree with that sentiment. Either way the idea of a country created on the basis of religion is morally repulsive.
What have jews in Britain got to do with that ?:s-smilie:
Reply 89
Original post by Napp
Err advocating the expulsion of "all dem coloured sorts" is literally the definition of ethnic cleansing - thus are are you 'advocating that it is stopped from happening' ?

I think you'll find the people who live[d] there would strongly disagree with that sentiment. Either way the idea of a country created on the basis of religion is morally repulsive.
What have jews in Britain got to do with that ?:s-smilie:

Because ethnic cleansing involved violence, I don't want violence, but violence has already been happening for decades, aimed at the British people, by the British state and not-British population. I am advocating the British people and nation have self-determination and be allowed to exist, without threat of being overthrown.

The Jews are a people and nation, not a religion. The Jew have a right of return, they should return to their own land, they have no reason to be in Britain. That is my point, and the same goes for all not-British people currently here. About 15,000,000 of them. They all have to go back to the land where their legacy was formed, so I can live in my own nation, we my people, and my legacy isn't harmed, threatened or overthrown.
Reply 90
Because ethnic cleansing involved violence, I don't want violence, but violence has already been happening for decades, aimed at the British people, by the British state and not-British population. I am advocating the British people and nation have self-determination and be allowed to exist, without threat of being overthrown.

Not necessarily, violence is not a prerequisite.
Pray tell what constitutes a "Briton" then?

The Jews are a people and nation, not a religion. The Jew have a right of return, they should return to their own land, they have no reason to be in Britain. That is my point, and the same goes for all not-British people currently here. About 15,000,000 of them. They all have to go back to the land where their legacy was formed, so I can live in my own nation, we my people, and my legacy isn't harmed, threatened or overthrown.

They are many things - what's your point?
No they really don't.
Just one point on that - what makes you think this nation and her people, who you amusingly call "your own" want anything to do with you?
Reply 91

People actively choosing to get married and have kids with people of other ethnicities does not constitute 'ethnic cleansing'.
'They have to go back to where their legacy was formed' ... what I'm earth does that mean? You realise everyone's 'legacy' is non British? Almost all white people have 'legacies' in different countries.
Compared to countries like Japan which are ethnically homogeneous, Britain has an extensive history (1000's of years) of intercontinental trade and immigration and the culture of Britain today has been influenced (if not entirely constructed) by the interactions of these different groups and nations over the centuries
(edited 5 years ago)
So I was talking with my mother and I ask how she would feel if the not-British population left tomorrow, she said 'relieved'. So how would you feel?

When I say not-British population I mean all those people who aren't ethnically British or of ancestry within Britain. So the Asians, Africans, Jews, Eastern/Southern Europeans and recent immigrants from North Western Europe.

The UK would litterally fall in terms of economy and industries. That's the same for any country. Every country relies on both native and foreign talent pools for every industry (From agriculture to construction to design to computing etc etc) so to just say "all non-British should leave" would be ridiculous.

Not only that, even foreign people living in the UK need to pay taxes. If such a large amount of people suddenly up and left, everyone left would likely have to pay larger amount of taxes to fund for public services which would still probably crumble from underfunding.

It actually saddens me that there are people in the UK who are that racist to say that all non-British people should leave. Like that just completely ruins any good thing about being British as these people could make us all look racist outside of the country
(edited 5 years ago)
You know Britain doesn't just accept migrants just because the government's being nice right?

The average number of kids a couple has is below the replacement rate. Meaning the British population is ageing. The workforce would be reduced resulting in less tax to the government, lower pensions, higher age of retirement... basically we'll be a poorer country overall because everyone will be old. We won't have young fit men and women building houses or treating people. Underpopulated aging population.
Ironically the 'native British' people will suffer a ****ing lot.
Since when did you, J, turn so... racist or did you always hold these views. Is this because you hate Indians, I think it may stem from that.

Really ... why would the Jews here want to return to the state which has conflict, war? A land where there's conflict about who it belongs to?

Very sad and upset 😭😭
We live in the present, we don't live in the past. The truth is the British people and nations exist. You need to stop denying the existence of my people.

What do you mean by “my” people. You cannot be fully British as I GUARANTEE you that your parents or your grandparents are European immigrants/ of European descent- what do you mean by “British”???
If the “non brits” left then the economy would FAIL, most of the country’s most important professions are occupied by 1st/2nd/3rd gen immigrants. It’s a known fact that immigrants have a better work ethic than “real brits”. You feel like you re entitled to jobs that you aren’t even qualified for, just because an immigrant is more qualified than you doesn’t mean they are stealing your job. Immigrants run this country- wether you like it or not
Original post by Scottish15
That just puts a strain on that country's healthcare. It's more of an issue in terms of working class jobs. For instance lots of British builders are unable to be hired as other firms with foreigners are using them and paying them less. I have nothing against people from other countries but when you actually come from a working class background you actually understand what it's like trying to get a job and putting a meal on the table.

When it comes to finding work, I don't generally find it that difficult. There's a lot of work out there if people are willing to think outside the box, go volunteer once/twice a week, doing that has enabled me to have so many more interviews, so blaming it on migrants I've never understood, as.

Latest

Trending

Trending