The Student Room Group

My friend was given the wrong paper yesterday

My friend got the wrong Religious Studies - she got Catholicism instead of Christianity ( Pearson Edexcel b). Can she sue, and how would her grade be determined.
She has astigmatism in her eye so she is in a different room to everyone else and her paper is printed in A3

Edit: It wasn't actually the exam boards fault. It was the school's as they requested the wrong paper
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by wannabemedic03
My friend got the wrong Religious Studies - she got Catholicism instead of Christianity ( Pearson Edexcel b). Can she sue, and how would her grade be determined.

Did she tell them she got given the wrong paper? If not, why not? It would have been simple to take that one away and be given the correct one, especially if it was only her who had the wrong one.
Original post by wannabemedic03

I've already answered this in your other thread where the answer is no, obviously not because she should have realised it was the wrong paper and spent 3 seconds to ask for the right one. She's responsible for her own learning so I don't see why she would have carried on answering the wrong paper. Didn't she realise everyone else had the right one as nobody else said anything about theirs? Her grade will be determined by the paper she sat; it's her fault she couldn't be bothered to ask for the right one.
(edited 5 years ago)
Doubt she can sue, because they would always say you should have pointed it out.
Lmaooo omg but even if she did point it out it’s still their fault for giving the wrong paper to a school all doing one exam
Original post by naz131313
Lmaooo omg but even if she did point it out it’s still their fault for giving the wrong paper to a school all doing one exam

It's the school's fault it was given out by accident, it's not the school's fault the student actually sat it (which is a much bigger fault than the one the school made). Students are responsible for their ow learning (which teachers tell students hundreds of times during their GCSEs) so she should have asked for the right one. Mistakes happen, it's not unrealistic for an invigilator to accidentally give out the wrong unit for the same subject, especially if they got to the bottom of one pile of papers and the wrong one was on the bottom.

It's the student's fault she didn't look at the front of the paper and realise it was the wrong one, then again when she opened the paper and realised the questions were nothing to do with what she had been learning over he last 2 years. She should have put her hand up and asked for the the right paper; there's no excuse for her to just have carried on doing what was clearly the wrong one at all.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by naz131313

It’s her fault for taking the exam. Invigilators always say make sure you have the correct paper. That’s the time to point it out.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Andrew97
It’s her fault for airing the exam. Invigilators always say make sure you have the correct paper. That’s the time to point it out.

That's true, they actually physically say to make sure you have the correct paper in front of you when they're reading out the exam instructions. These are read at the start of every single exam.

Quick Reply

Latest