The Student Room Group

GCSE revision burnout

hello!! I need serious help, I'm doing my iGCSES rn, and last week i had like 5 exams, so i decided to take the weekend to rest. but its literally been 6 days since then, i can't revise!! im stressing cause i have history paper 2 (which ive done nothing for in months) and maths paper 2 next wednesday, but i physically cannot bring myself to revise. they're my last 2 exams and then im free, so i think my brain thinks its already summer and i dont need to study?? i dont know what to do or whats wrong with me, im usually disciplined when it comes to revision, but after studying constantly since like november i think im burnt out.

i know GCSEs arent all that important, but i really care about my grades, and doing badly on these exams after constant hard work since year 10 will crush me. any advice??
Original post by p.ppp.p
hello!! I need serious help, I'm doing my iGCSES rn, and last week i had like 5 exams, so i decided to take the weekend to rest. but its literally been 6 days since then, i can't revise!! im stressing cause i have history paper 2 (which ive done nothing for in months) and maths paper 2 next wednesday, but i physically cannot bring myself to revise. they're my last 2 exams and then im free, so i think my brain thinks its already summer and i dont need to study?? i dont know what to do or whats wrong with me, im usually disciplined when it comes to revision, but after studying constantly since like november i think im burnt out.

i know GCSEs arent all that important, but i really care about my grades, and doing badly on these exams after constant hard work since year 10 will crush me. any advice??

Start with things that you find easy and that require the least effort to do. As an example, you can watch history videos relating to your course, as they're typically short and you don't have to do much aside from paying attention to be reminded of the content.

You could also spend time away from the place you normally study. For example, if you've spent all of these months revising in your room, going to a big park or a nearby nature reserve may help. You could also try to arrange a day out away from home before your exams resume. This will give you a mental break and hopefully encourage you to start working again.

Remember to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and socially as well. If you've been locking yourself away to revise for more than 6 months and you haven't been giving your mind enough rest, then it would make sense that you're feeling burnt out. Talk to your friends and family about things other than work and enjoy yourself in the exam season at the same time.

Hopefully, doing some of these things will get you through the last couple of exams, after which you'll be free until Year 12.
Reply 2
whenever u feel like this and are unable to work just remember that you told yourself the same thing yesterday, that tomorrow you'll do the work instead

get to work, go in a different room or something but just get your head down and work it's a mindset thing, there's no easy remedy or anything you just need to do it and relax later
Original post by p.ppp.p

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending