The Student Room Group

well... how were they? the official 2018 gcse sentiment thread!

Scroll to see replies

oooh just seen this:woo:

subject: English
exam board: aqa
thoughts: ahah idek:dontknow: i screwed up a lot of my timings but somehow finished as they said pens down:lol:
Original post by Zaspo
Nope

good then?:biggrin:
subject: business studies
exam board: edexcel
thoughts: :smile:
found it better than paper 1! lots to write about so hoping that A isn't out of reach...
exam subject: english language paper 1
exam board: eduqas
thoughts: :s-smilie:
not a bad exam, just really messed up the creative writing exam subject: geography paper 2
i thought it was definitley harder than paper 1, but still gucci exam
exam subject: spanish paper higher listening
thoughts: :biggrin:
pretty nice exam. guessed 1 or 2 but that's to be expected : )
exam subject: spanish paper higher reading
yess my nunny queens!!! had actual fun in the exam - defo watching quiero ser monja over the holidays!
Original post by JQOS
exam board: eduqas
thoughts: :s-smilie:
not a bad exam, just really messed up the creative writing exam subject: geography paper 2
i thought it was definitley harder than paper 1, but still gucci exam
exam subject: spanish paper higher listening
pretty nice exam. guessed 1 or 2 but that's to be expected : )
exam subject: spanish paper higher reading
yess my nunny queens!!! had actual fun in the exam - defo watching quiero ser monja over the holidays!

glad to hear most of them went well!:biggrin: some of my friends who do spanish were talking about the nuns on the reading:lol:
subject: music
thoughts: :frown: found it really difficult but I absolutely loved the unseen pieces; they were so lovely:love:
thoughts: :frown:
stupidly decided to write my creative piece in second person and wrote so little for all the other questions.
exam subject: geography
exam board: edexcel b
too many 8 markers and not enough time
exam subject: business studies unit 5
ran out of time and missed out loads of questions and the answers i put weren't very good
Original post by hugebrain
stupidly decided to write my creative piece in second person and wrote so little for all the other questions.
exam subject: geography
exam board: edexcel b
too many 8 markers and not enough time
exam subject: business studies unit 5
ran out of time and missed out loads of questions and the answers i put weren't very good

i'm sorry they didn't go well:console: you might have done better than you thought! and gcses aren't everything:hugs:

Original post by Toastiekid
subject: music
thoughts: :frown: found it really difficult but I absolutely loved the unseen pieces; they were so lovely:love:

glad to hear that some of it was good!:smile:
Reply 48
All im going to say is RIP my Cambridge dream :frown:
Aqa english lit easy

Aqa English lang okk

Aqa biology okk

Aqa physics easy

Aqa chemistry easy

Aqa geography easy

Aqa maths horrible

Aqa French terrible

Aqa business & communication easy
Original post by entertainmyfaith
hello, thought i'd make this thread to let y'all talk about gcses in general- last year it turned out to be popular so we'll see how it goes this year:yep:

last year's thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4706862
so just post in here the day on any exams you've had with the subject, exam board and smiley face corresponding to how you felt about this exam. and of course any interesting stories, rants or additional comments:wink:

smiley key
:biggrin: found the exam really good!
:smile: exam was pretty good
:s-smilie: uhh.. i'm not sure how i found that exam
:frown: yeah, no.
:angry: pretty sure i failed

i'll see if i can do some data collection of your thoughts/smileys every week or every two weeks but no promises as i'm currently doing my gcses as well!

example:
exam subject:
exam board:
thoughts: [you can put your smiley here]

so for most of us today, it was re paper 2:redface:

Every Exam: CRY
Original post by Artandchilli
Every Exam: CRY

aw, i'm sure there's been at least one good exam?:console:

Original post by Keslo
All im going to say is RIP my Cambridge dream :frown:

gcses aren't as heavily looked at by cambridge:yep: (and you're not the best judge of your exam performance:wink:) watch ibz mo, he got pretty average/below average gcses results but he got into cambridge
Reply 52
hello, thought i'd make this thread to let y'all talk about gcses in general- last year it turned out to be popular so we'll see how it goes this year:yep:

last year's thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4706862
so just post in here the day on any exams you've had with the subject, exam board and smiley face corresponding to how you felt about this exam. and of course any interesting stories, rants or additional comments:wink:

smiley key
:biggrin: found the exam really good!
:smile: exam was pretty good
:s-smilie: uhh.. i'm not sure how i found that exam
:frown: yeah, no.
:angry: pretty sure i failed

i'll see if i can do some data collection of your thoughts/smileys every week or every two weeks but no promises as i'm currently doing my gcses as well!

example:
exam subject:
exam board:
thoughts: [you can put your smiley here]

so for most of us today, it was re paper 2:redface:

exam subject:colone:verything
exam board: OCR, AQA and Edexcel
thoughts: :angry:
Original post by yasb123
exam subject:colone:verything
exam board: OCR, AQA and Edexcel
thoughts: :angry:

aw:frown: i'm sure there's been at least one good exam?:smile:
Reply 54
aw:frown: i'm sure there's been at least one good exam?:smile:

Just business im afraid. I went from someone who was predicted 5 A* to thinking im gonna fail everything.
Original post by yasb123
Just business im afraid. I went from someone who was predicted 5 A* to thinking im gonna fail everything.

honestly, we're probably the worst judge of our exam performance! we still have a few exams left, but i don't think you've done as bad as you think:noway: do you tend to panic in an exam environment? (and if business went well, that's great!)
Geography Paper 2
AQA
Thoughts : :angry:

- The questions on the 6 markers and 9 Markers were in NONE of the case studies we went over in the last two years so I had to completely wing the exam :frown:
Original post by //Destiel
Geography Paper 2
AQA
Thoughts : :angry:

- The questions on the 6 markers and 9 Markers were in NONE of the case studies we went over in the last two years so I had to completely wing the exam :frown:

:console: how did the others find it? and you never know, you winging the answers might've turned out better than expected!
Reply 58
honestly, we're probably the worst judge of our exam performance! we still have a few exams left, but i don't think you've done as bad as you think:noway: do you tend to panic in an exam environment? (and if business went well, that's great!)

Yes I do. I left so many answers half full in maths. I never do this. I ran out of time in maths. I never do this. I usually get around 70 but after watching the paper 1 walkthrough I will be lucky to get 50.
Original post by yasb123
Yes I do. I left so many answers half full in maths. I never do this. I ran out of time in maths. I never do this. I usually get around 70 but after watching the paper 1 walkthrough I will be lucky to get 50.

what exam board are you for maths?:unsure:

Quick Reply

Latest