The Student Room Group

What does it mean ...

nknk
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seydamusado
HelloWhat does it mean when a guy constantly smiles /smirks/ giggles to himself when he sees you for at least 5 seconds when you start to talk to him and what does it mean when he pulls a chair out for you when your by yourself - talking to him at a professional place at an appointment?

It depends on the bloke. It could mean he likes you or you have a funny face. Best way is to find out.
Reply 2
kjn
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
nnk
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello
I act normal and serious around him. I dont do any silly faces thats stupid and childish. But I dont understand why he smiles and giggles a few seconds before i HAVE to talk to him as I have appointments with him regulary.
How do you find out without asking? I want to always remain professional

I cant understand guys! :frown:

If it is professional, then you have to let it be. Else, if you want something further to develop then you can try by asking him at the end of a session. Be straight and direct, no need to beat around the bushes.
Reply 5
njk
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
kn
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello
What does that mean "fruity"? I am still confused by your word choices:smile:

Hello

What do you mean by the word "camp"?

These are words to denote a person that is slightly homosexual in behaviour. According to Google.
Hello
NO way am i asking! i am not gonna embrass myself- and make things very awakard.

I will just ignore it ! who cares about guys you know you can breath, eat and sleep without them! good 2 know

Hello
No way am i asking him anything. He will just end up smirking/smiling to himself and it will fill up his ego!
I always let the guys do that - NEVER me. I am ALWAYS serious- I think this is just a waste of time really! I am not that type of girl- I just focus on why I am at the appointment and that is it! I dont know if that is his nature - if he likes to just giggle and laugh at every girl.
But the last appointment i went to i said to him when i first saw him "that who are these other people - ie the staff as i have not seen them"
And he ended up giving me a silly answer saying "that the girl next to him is his girl friend and that he was gonna give her a kiss"
The girl next to him heard that and said "eee- dont listen to him" in a shocked and suprised way!
I dont KNOW WHy he would even make a joke like that WHEN I JUST A SKED A simple question!
GOD!- Men as SOOO SEXUAL- WHERE DID THE WORDS GIRLFRIEND AND KISS COME FROM ?

If you are content with not knowing then it is fine. Just go about your business in ignorance. He may just be slightly weird, if he dishes out compliments to every woman.
Reply 9
jhlk
(edited 5 years ago)
kjh
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello

I have not seen that he dishes out compliments to every women as that was a joke what he said to other women and she even said "eeew" to him? as it came as a suprise.
He just has to turn what a person says into a sexual comment!

You seem to be interested, so move in and ask. Dont wait for the man to make the first move, we are not in the 1930s. Else, he can ask you to “go back to the kitchen”.
nm
(edited 5 years ago)
jhk
(edited 5 years ago)
NO WAY too scared.
and its awakard- i am really gonna embrass myself and everything- like seriously
i will just have to let him take lead and see what happens IF anything EVEN HAPPENS
i will just leave it even though he is my type in looks:frown:

Wow, so you are willing to forsake a potentially great relationship with a guy that you clearly like because you live in the stone age? Ok, that is okay for you.
jhk
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello

Has this happened to any one else and what have you done about it?
HOw do you go about the situation?
I hate these problems and I try to avoid stuff like this but its just happens?
What is the difference between a guy being nice and or just interested?
what clues can a person look out for????????

I am a guy, so I cannot speak for women. I think you can slowly get into it and allow it to grow. No need to be worried. Try to meet him halfway, if he responds then great, else forget about it.
jhl
(edited 5 years ago)
I just dont want to look like an idiot!
its not everyday u come accross someone like this

what if he just smiles and thats is it?

NO- its just the time and place is not right- like you just cant turn up to the apointment and say that "hey I like u"- its seriously wrong and not professional. but I dont know what other way to go forward so i just gonna leave to chance ?

I am sexually attractive to him- he's good features in a guy that i really like- black hair, asian- u know i got the same features

You should be more subtle rather than direct. Ask him out for a coffee, try to know more about him or even try to get him to ask you out. Don’t just blurt it out, else he may run away.
Last time i asked him a question- like who are these staff members i have not seen and he said as a joke that the girl working next to him was his girlfriend but i think he did that just to hint out that he is not with any one as the women said "eeew- ignore him in an angry way"

why did he give me such a sexual response to an innocent question

Probably wanted to drop hints.

All i am doing is being myself- i dont pretend to be anyone
but how would i try to get him to ask me out?
how????

Ask him what plans does he have. Then say you are free to see whether he invites you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending