The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel History Paper 1,2,3 04/08/12 of June [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Toastiekid
yeah it was a bit unexpected as not much really happened during it. Also why was Afghanistan included in it?:lol: that wasn’t during détente

Original post by ~BrielleHoney~
I did this one too. It was okay for the most part - Elizabeth was actually pretty good - but the Narrative Question in Cold War messed me up a bit.

I did them and I found the narrative question good. I featured everything but I know I lacked detail. Is Elizabeths privy council part of her religious settlement?
Original post by troubletracking
Don't know if I'm being incredibly stupid or I'm incredibly tired, but Ls? What?

losses:lol: a lot of people at tennis say it which is now I know:colondollar:
Original post by f_spanish
I did them and I found the narrative question good. I featured everything but I know I lacked detail. Is Elizabeths privy council part of her religious settlement?

I think that would be part of her government, I’m not really sure how it could be linked to the settlement:dontknow: I just mentioned that act of supremacy and the act of uniformity but you probably could’ve also mentioned the royal injunctions.
losses:lol: a lot of people at tennis say it which is now I know:colondollar:

Ahh, makes a lot of sense now, thank you
aww that’s annoying:console:
still, there’s paper 3 to go!

True, true I'm looking forward to paper 3, to be honest. Then it'll be all over :u:
Original post by TotallyWilde
True, true I'm looking forward to paper 3, to be honest. Then it'll be all over :u:

pretty much:thumbsup:
lol im up at 2:30AM here learning about Nazi policies to reduce unemployment. Hows everyone feeling for tomorrow? Anyone doing Weimar and Nazi Germany??
How did it go today guys?
Original post by Evil Homer

a lot of waffle but I did my best:yep:
The questions were quite nice though didn’t test much of the content:grumble:
a lot of waffle but I did my best:yep:
The questions were quite nice though didn’t test much of the content:grumble:

It's GCSE History, its supposed to be lots of waffle :lol:
It's GCSE History, its supposed to be lots of waffle :lol:

true:laugh: at least it’s over now, I can let all my random historical facts slowly diffuse out of my head:lol:
true:laugh: at least it’s over now, I can let all my random historical facts slowly diffuse out of my head:lol:

or...... take it at A-level?
or...... take it at A-level?

let’s not start that dilemma again:colondollar: I spent most of last night lying awake wondering whether I should change my a-level options/potential sixth form college:sadnod:
let’s not start that dilemma again:colondollar: I spent most of last night lying awake wondering whether I should change my a-level options/potential sixth form college:sadnod:

OMG A-level options are killing me. :frown: I've applied and been accepted into my sixth form in an external school for physics, maths, further maths and history and instantly i changed my mind to english lit, history and politics and have kept that ever since and they wont let me change it argh stress:s-smilie:
Original post by josh20019
OMG A-level options are killing me. :frown: I've applied and been accepted into my sixth form in an external school for physics, maths, further maths and history and instantly i changed my mind to english lit, history and politics and have kept that ever since and they wont let me change it argh stress:s-smilie:

ahaha someone else gets me! I’ve applied for maths, fm and physics and now I’m wondering if I should do something else:dontknow: oh well, that’s what I can stress over on results day:lol:
The Nazi Germany paper was really easy imo even though they only tested such a small part of the course :/

It went better than I expected. The specimen papers had nothing on Weimar Germany so I focused on it a lot and lo and behold it was there! Absolutely buzzing :u:
Original post by josh20019

Aren't you allowed to take 4 if you want to?
Original post by 10oba-abbad
lol im up at 2:30AM here learning about Nazi policies to reduce unemployment. Hows everyone feeling for tomorrow? Anyone doing Weimar and Nazi Germany??

everything was calm but..........
I failed the 12 marker what did u talk about as the extra point. I only did the two points but my teacher said if you go into a lot of depth with them you can still get 12/12. is this true?
Original post by gtrhjtykjt
everything was calm but..........
I failed the 12 marker what did u talk about as the extra point. I only did the two points but my teacher said if you go into a lot of depth with them you can still get 12/12. is this true?

Students cannot get past 8 marks with an in depth answer that does not go past the stimulus points. Check the mark schemes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending