The Student Room Group

Still haven't revised

Got an english exam tomorrow, what's the most effective way to revise for it at this stage?

Should I just focus on watching like Mr Bruff videos and try understanding and memorising quotes or do I have to make notes as well (which will take more time)
i'd say notes becausr at least then youll have some muscle memory and can rewrite it in the exam. im revising for it rn and im tiredddd
i guess you could watch mr bruff videos an 2x speed and choose a few important quotes to learn and analyse
good luck!
I've been procrastinating like mad but I've been watching this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfnUq2_0FOY
Short film version of Macbeth, covers plot and key quotes. They exist for the other Shakespeare's too. Watch through and make notes of quotes you find unfamiliar/are not familiar with.

For the 19th Century Novel just plan for any questions you think would screw you over if they came up; for me it's Mary Morstan or Watson for a Sign of Four (rest I am quite comfortable with making up points for).

Good luck!
I'm not gonna lie. There's really no point at this stage, you've left it far too late and good luck for tomorrow
i would say quotes most important , without them u cant get over grad 2 , just wing it , expplode quotes and analyse it from what you think , treat it like english lang.
know a few context points

Quick Reply

Latest