The Student Room Group

a-levels are the bane of my life!!

i want to apply for med this year but i need three As and im so scared im not going to get them 😭
Reply 1
Original post by aalimk
i want to apply for med this year but i need three As and im so scared im not going to get them 😭

I got AAC in my mocks (C in chemistry), applied for med, didn't think I'd get in so didn't try as hard as I should have, ended up getting the most offers/interviews in my Sixth Form, and although yes, A levels haven't been fun, I think I might get the grades! With you worrying about this in year 12 (I assume), you have plenty of times to get your grades up. Focus on past papers early and start the AS papers if you haven't already! x
Original post by aalimk

Hi @aalimk

Try not to panic! There's still some time to get your grades to where you want them to be.

I'd suggest starting a plan over the summer and tackling some revision before you start back in September. I made revision lists when I was revising using my textbooks and the exam board specification so I was knew what content I had to work through.

I would also make your revision resources such as flashcards or posters over summer so you can save some time when you start revising. But if you take the 'little and often' approach over the summer and chip away at your revision gradually, you should feel less stressed and more organized for your exams.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about your exams too much. The last thing you want is to burnt out as you haven't had a proper break too. So remember to take some time off to relax.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
Reply 3
Original post by aalimk

Still other options even if they don’t go your way so just try relax and just do your best 😁

Quick Reply

Latest