The Student Room Group

geography aqa was easy amirite

but am i right
It was alright, but too much tropical storms and too many longer questions
Original post by ryleypalmer
but am i right

would not say it was easy, required a lot of explanation etc.
Fs.. i hate when people say something is easy. most likely you are arrogant and amde many mistakes if u say stuff like "amiright"
How about the hyrograph question bet u didnt get 6/6 on that (you had to talk about rising/falling+ peak discharge)
The questions weren’t bad. I’m always used to having some time at the end though, since we did mocks but without the rainforests/hot deserts and sometimes hazards in it. I started off taking my time but I was writing like my life depended on it at the end. I didn’t manage to answer everything
no, you are not right
Original post by RainDancess
Fs.. i hate when people say something is easy. most likely you are arrogant and amde many mistakes if u say stuff like "amiright"
How about the hyrograph question bet u didnt get 6/6 on that (you had to talk about rising/falling+ peak discharge)

Only person who sounds arrogent is you
Original post by NotYourAuntCarol
The questions weren’t bad. I’m always used to having some time at the end though, since we did mocks but without the rainforests/hot deserts and sometimes hazards in it. I started off taking my time but I was writing like my life depended on it at the end. I didn’t manage to answer everything

Thats exactly what I did!
no it gave me the big sad
Original post by LucieTheUnicorn

Peak it was piss easy love Hannah and sophie <3
Original post by LucieTheUnicorn

im not arrogant, if anything i found the test not too difficult.

I am targeted a grade 8 and this test was not easy.. none of my friends who are doing it said it was easy.

Having said that theirs a difference between a test being easy and a doing well in a test. IMO i did ok/good in that test,
but did not find it easy.

Anyone who gets high grades i know (e.g. grade 9's in multiple subjects) do not say tests are easy but that does not mean they have not done well, so what im saying is that the OP clearly is not one of these people and has either lied or he did not do well.

I swear you didnt have to. You had to list factors that effected them so you could say something along the lines of there could be more tributaries in the area, therefore, there is actually more water in the area and so the discharge is increased.
Questions were very similar to the specimen papers and predictable. It couldve been a lot harder if they'd gone into global atmospheric circulation. Corries and meanders were fairly easy 4 markers. Was a little more time pressured than I imagine, but just learning the textbook and doing the specimen papers made it so much easier than expected.
It was easier than my mock, I was really worried that it would be harder. But I have to agree on the timing. I had 2-3 minutes left to check all my answers.
Reply 14
It was alrite but I didn't realise there was a key at the back of the insert so I guessed all the map questions 😭
Original post by 8237190
I swear you didnt have to. You had to list factors that effected them so you could say something along the lines of there could be more tributaries in the area, therefore, there is actually more water in the area and so the discharge is increased.

yh maybe just an opinion i think we will get up to 3 marks for naming human/physical factors and how these made the first graph have a high discharge e.g.human:
- concrete impermeable- higher runoff
- cutting down trees-higher runoff
physical
-relief
-heavy/prolonged rainfall

and then maybe more marks for saying more iniltration took place at graph 2 because longer lag time.

and it had a much smaller peak discharge but i couldnt explain that
yh maybe just an opinion i think we will get up to 3 marks for naming human/physical factors and how these made the first graph have a high discharge e.g.human:
- concrete impermeable- higher runoff
- cutting down trees-higher runoff
physical
-relief
-heavy/prolonged rainfall

and then maybe more marks for saying more iniltration took place at graph 2 because longer lag time.

and it had a much smaller peak discharge but i couldnt explain that

I just said (very basic I did more explanation in the exam): Human 1.Impermeable surfaces- more surface run off-higher discharge
2.Extraction of water- no extraction, more water, higher discharge
Physical-1.steeper relief
2.More tributaries
I did not actually compare the 2 graphs I just listed factors and how they would affect a hydrograph as I was running out of time
Also, don't think rainfall will count as both had the same precipitation charts in the corner.
Original post by ryleypalmer
but am i right

Not trying to be rude but u r probs giving other ppl heart attacks rn. If u r stressed out and ur reading this just dw :yep: Other ppl are in same position as you and just because people are saying they found it "easy" it does not neccessarily mean you failed.:h:
I kinda missed my timing so missed a few questions at the end.

Quick Reply

Latest