The Student Room Group

What can I do in my gap year without travelling?

What can I do in my gap year that doesn't include spending thousands of pounds? I want it to be productive. Have any of you had a fun productive gap year without travelling the world?
Original post by lauryngreeng
What can I do in my gap year that doesn't include spending thousands of pounds? I want it to be productive. Have any of you had a fun productive gap year without travelling the world?

Have you already got a place at uni next year or are you reapplying?
Original post by HamedxAli
Have you already got a place at uni next year or are you reapplying?

I'm in year 12 at the moment, I'm going to be applying this year and I am also going to apply next year in case I don't get into any universities
Reply 3
I also have the same question, Im in year 13 and haven't applied but plan on applying in my gap year.
What can I do that doesn't involve travelling?
Work and save up some money

Hi @lauryngreeng

You could try and find a job, although working full time may not leave you lots of time to enjoy other things. Volunteering in a school or volunteering in general is a great CV booster. Also, a lot of companies have 6 or 12 month apprenticeship schemes and if you do a great job they will even keep you on and pay for your university fees when you decided to apply!

Hope this helps,
Habiba

Get a job
Volunteering
Fundraising
Learn a language
Work via UberLUX
Make music
Throw parties
Original post by AzureCeleste
Work and save up some money

Exactly.
Work and save up some money.
The money will come in useful when you get to uni. You will also get the experience and reference etc for future jobs.
And how about work experience in the career area you are interested in. Or volunteering somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest