The Student Room Group

Scotish Universites with support for Asperger's

I have Asperger's syndrome and am looking to study at a Scottish university, particularly looking at Edinburgh or St Andrew's. There isnt a lot of specific information available on websites, so I wondered if anyone knew about any universites particuarly good or bad for people with Asperger's.
Original post by username942
I have Asperger's syndrome and am looking to study at a Scottish university, particularly looking at Edinburgh or St Andrew's. There isnt a lot of specific information available on websites, so I wondered if anyone knew about any universites particuarly good or bad for people with Asperger's.

Get in touch with each of their disability offices and ask.
Original post by username942

Everyone with AS has different needs, right? So the best thing to do would be to think about what you might need at uni and contact disability services/student support and see if they can/would provide that.

I know some unis will, for example, provide people with mentors who can help them navigate living independently, as well as their academic work- this can be the most challenging part of uni for people with ASD.

Quick Reply