The Student Room Group

Special Support Grant Evidence

Hi everyone,

I've put my application through for student finance and have got to the stage where I need to upload evidence.

There is one section that asks you to upload supporting evidence for the Special Support Grant with the evidence being 'Evidence of Study Status'.

Can anyone help with what this actually means and what I need to upload to progress my application.

I presume I have to submit this evidence due to ticking the box that states my partner is also a student and we have children.
Original post by Jade-Louise95
Hi everyone,

I've put my application through for student finance and have got to the stage where I need to upload evidence.

There is one section that asks you to upload supporting evidence for the Special Support Grant with the evidence being 'Evidence of Study Status'.

Can anyone help with what this actually means and what I need to upload to progress my application.

I presume I have to submit this evidence due to ticking the box that states my partner is also a student and we have children.

Hi Jade-Louise95,

Yes we need proof your partner is also a student. Can you confirm if they're receiving finance from us for their study?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Hi Claire,

It's a bit tricky because we've both applied quite late into the academic year. I've applied to do social worker and have an interview for this on Wednesday. My partner applied straight to the university and has had some trouble hearing back about whats happening. He received a letter in the post whilst we were away on holiday last week asking him to attend enrollment last week, but because we were away we wasn't aware of this. We didn't get back until late Friday and with it being the bank holiday today he has to wait until tomorrow to contact the universit to see if its still possible for him to enroll.

Shall I wait until I've had my interview and have a confirmed place and he has contacted the university to enroll before I upload anything?. Up too now the only things I could upload would be my email from the lecturer regarding my interview and the letter my partner received regarding enrolling.
Hi Claire,

It's a bit tricky because we've both applied quite late into the academic year. I've applied to do social worker and have an interview for this on Wednesday. My partner applied straight to the university and has had some trouble hearing back about whats happening. He received a letter in the post whilst we were away on holiday last week asking him to attend enrollment last week, but because we were away we wasn't aware of this. We didn't get back until late Friday and with it being the bank holiday today he has to wait until tomorrow to contact the universit to see if its still possible for him to enroll.

Shall I wait until I've had my interview and have a confirmed place and he has contacted the university to enroll before I upload anything?. Up too now the only things I could upload would be my email from the lecturer regarding my interview and the letter my partner received regarding

Has your parent applied for finance with us?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Has your parent applied for finance with us?

Thanks,
Claire

My partner has yes
My partner has yes

Hi Jade-Louise,

Thank you for confirming. You wouldn't need to upload your study information, it will only be confirmation of your partners course. You can upload this when and if this becomes available. In the meantime, you will receive the other support as normal.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending