The Student Room Group

why don't fat people go on love island

Scroll to see replies

Well that's it, a huge ego, period.

It's made even larger by typical teenage girls (who have huge egos themselves and aspire to the Love Island 'contestants'), and middle aged women, who sit glued to the TV screen for a full hour watching the crap.

Saying that, that's the reason why their egos are so big in the first place.
(edited 5 years ago)
They just pick the most stereotypically attractive people they can find and hope they f*** each other. Getting a fat person on would defeat that purpose.
There not sick and the procedures don’t have any adverse effects on their body unless it’s done to excess.

So your wrong. Since the procedure have minimal effects on health.

And they look better. Which is the most important thing for people like them that have little else going for them.
Original post by Rhodesian
I’m not talking about skinny though. The people in love island are not skinny they are at a normal healthy size.
And to get to that size they eat right and do exercise. If that’s not a recipe for good health I don’t know what is.

And if someone is 2 or 3 stones overweight I’m not saying their I’ll I’m just saying that the people in love island are going to be healthier and better looking.

And it sounds like your just trying to convince yourself that your current size is fine.
I may be wrong but that’s what it sounds like.
Overweight doesn’t mean your I’ll but it just doesn’t look good.
And there’s nothing anyone can do about that.

One you assume I am fat because I have said fat doesn't mean a automatic assumption.

I go to gym every day, I eat healthy (bar one or twice a week) Im just a little chubby at moment I was fat last year but even when I was skinny i'd notice the "healthy" ones who often even boasted about their "health" being the ones that couldn't do basic tasks, often it was the one with "gym muscles" who were out of breath walking up stairs, or if something like walking/hillwalking came up as a group activity say at college they would be out of breath first because they were the ones who thought they could drink alcohol, smoke tobacco etc and it was fine as they looked healthy.

I on the other hand even when I was fat I didn't touch alcohol or tobacco, only had diet drinks, did a huge amount of walking the weight gain was down to a period I went through a trauma with a family murder, then I was stressed over it and people commented I looked bad which turned me to take out for about a year.

To think people who are at a "heatlhy size" only eat right is at very least naive, just as assuming someone 2-3 stone overweight is automatically not as healthy.
I don’t understand what you have against people with six packs and smooth stomachs.

I mean it’s a sign of good health. It shows that they work hard and eat right.
And if they haven’t got anything else going for them they should use their looks to get on shows like love island.

Plus, people with six packs and flat stomachs are just more attractive and pleasing to look at.
Nobody wants to see a bunch of men with pot bellies and girls with bingo wings.

It is? Sorry, I've known people who treat themselves like ****, live forever. While loads of healthy people die of cancer before 50, health is a genetic lottery.
Original post by drbluebox
One you assume I am fat because I have said fat doesn't mean a automatic assumption.

I go to gym every day, I eat healthy (bar one or twice a week) Im just a little chubby at moment I was fat last year but even when I was skinny i'd notice the "healthy" ones who often even boasted about their "health" being the ones that couldn't do basic tasks, often it was the one with "gym muscles" who were out of breath walking up stairs, or if something like walking/hillwalking came up as a group activity say at college they would be out of breath first because they were the ones who thought they could drink alcohol, smoke tobacco etc and it was fine as they looked healthy.

I on the other hand even when I was fat I didn't touch alcohol or tobacco, only had diet drinks, did a huge amount of walking the weight gain was down to a period I went through a trauma with a family murder, then I was stressed over it and people commented I looked bad which turned me to take out for about a year.

To think people who are at a "heatlhy size" only eat right is at very least naive, just as assuming someone 2-3 stone overweight is automatically not as healthy.

I didn’t assume your fat because you said fat. I assumed your fat because you seemed defensive over what I was saying and you seems to have negative feeling towards the love island contestant body type.

The way I see it (and I may be wrong) health comes down to four things
Diet (let’s include drugs and cigarettes)
Exercise
Genetic factors
Physical injuries or lack of

Correct me if I’m wrong as there may be more factors.

Firstly your point about people with gym muscles getting tired.
From past experiences I can say they getting out of breath after doing things has little to do with the amount of muscle you have. It’s about how much cardio you do at the gym. People who do things such as use the treadmill tend to not to get out of breath from small exercises.

So my point about exercise still stands. People should be doing mixed exercise to be called healthy.
That means cardio and weight training.

This has gone a bit far as my original point is that the contestants in love island just look better. Better than people that are even a little overweight.

Oh and forgive any spelling errors in all of my comments. I’m typing really fast on a phone so there might be a few errors.
I didn’t assume your fat because you said fat. I assumed your fat because you seemed defensive over what I was saying and you seems to have negative feeling towards the love island contestant body type.

The way I see it (and I may be wrong) health comes down to four things
Diet (let’s include drugs and cigarettes)
Exercise
Genetic factors
Physical injuries or lack of

Correct me if I’m wrong as there may be more factors.

Firstly your point about people with gym muscles getting tired.
From past experiences I can say they getting out of breath after doing things has little to do with the amount of muscle you have. It’s about how much cardio you do at the gym. People who do things such as use the treadmill tend to not to get out of breath from small exercises.

So my point about exercise still stands. People should be doing mixed exercise to be called healthy.
That means cardio and weight training.

This has gone a bit far as my original point is that the contestants in love island just look better. Better than people that are even a little overweight.

Oh and forgive any spelling errors in all of my comments. I’m typing really fast on a phone so there might be a few errors.

I wasn't defensive nor negative towards love island type but instead saying that things are not that simple as looking at someone and assuming their apperance means health outside of certain scenarios of course at most I quoted the "bingo wings" and such, even when I was at my fattest I had no double chin, normal arms and legs and even though it was obvious I was fat people assumed I weighed much less than I was due to my build and how I carry it, on the flip side when I was slim but not skinny I was called fat quite often due to having a rugby build, broad shoulders, strong legs etc.

Most of my exercise even going back to my teen years was cardio, treadmill, bike, and the rest was ones I forget name where say you lie back and improve leg strength or sit down and pull a bar down. I was alway sluggish even when skinny but when I went to gym for 2 hours a day doing that and rowing machine I had faster responses and was still nowhere near a runner but could rush for a bus much faster than normal and without feeling I had weights attached to legs.

The overall point was the people over the years that have muscles (and not the full on 6 pack but the "looking good" type) rather than like a weight trainer assume themselves to be fit and healthy when the reality is they often have a lifestyle of things like getting off their face on drink at least once if not a few times a week, and having sneaky take aways but it never gets into their head they are unhealthy, and of course they end up being the ones that can't handle basic things like walking a long distance often for other reasons like driving everywhere .

Im assuming you are quite young, as to me the "looking better" people I see on the show are often nowhere near ugly but at most average people who spent time on things like their hair, and the main thing they are young so gives them an edge, its when they get older they may look awful its like a woman putting on more and more make up as she ages and people assuming shes stunning, take all that make up away and the wrinkles show and she looks terrible (no offense to women by the way, just saying its fake youth)

There was a saying though not as relevant today saying if you want to see what your girlfriend will look like in 20/30 years look at her mother it was meant in the context that you may think you have the most beautiful partner in the world but if the mother looks "rough" (again no offfense ladies) then its a good chance your perfect beauty will end up that way, and look at pictures of the mother when she was the age of your partner, she may look just as good as your partner maybe even better, point was looks fade.
Fat shaming is so much better than the alternative.
Having fat people on shows that exemplify beauty would normalise being fat.

Normalising being fat and accepting fat people into society would increase the obesity rates.

Also, fat shaming pushes people to be healthier so stfu.

To some extent but you haven't mentioned the problem of anorexia. These girls are excessively skinny you could have girls who have bodies like abi titmuss or kelly brook on as well.
Original post by karl pilkington
To some extent but you haven't mentioned the problem of anorexia. These girls are excessively skinny you could have girls who have bodies like abi titmuss or kelly brook on as well.

Your right.
But the truth is Obesity has a lot more health problems associated with it than anorexia.
Also obesity is a lot more life threatening than anorexia.

I’m not saying anorexia isn’t a big problem I’m just saying it isn’t as big of a problem.
Original post by Ray_Shadows
asking for a friend

Tyne Lexy was a reasonably big girl who went on last year they’re not all super skinny
Original post by Ray_Shadows
stop fat shaming

fat people are 10x more entertaining than shallow 6 pack pricks

You're acc kinda ridiculing fat people rn by saying they're entertaining lol wtfff you cannot judge how fun someone is based on the amount of meat hanging off their bones

Original post by random_matt
It's for entertainment, not for throwing up.

Original post by karl pilkington
They would never cast a fat or ugly person look at Alex he is not ugly and they ignore him. They throw in a couple of token black people but the rest is based on looks.

It is? Sorry, I've known people who treat themselves like ****, live forever. While loads of healthy people die of cancer before 50, health is a genetic lottery.

:hmmm: no one healthy dies from cancer...
Original post by Bang Outta Order
:hmmm: no one healthy dies from cancer...

I'm sorry, you joking or a complete idiot?
I'm sorry, you joking or a complete idiot?

You should be sorry. No one healthy dies from an illness, dont call me a ****ing idiot, look at yourself muppet.
You should be sorry. No one healthy dies from an illness, dont call me a ****ing idiot, look at yourself muppet.

You can live a healthy life but still have unfortunate genetics

Wow, is that your best effort? Damn, what an educationally inept tool.
Original post by clearasilly
You can live a healthy life but still have unfortunate genetics

Respectful rebuttal, but still the simple answer is, if someone asks if you're healthy and you tell them you're dying from cancer, I would say the answer is no. Im not talking about cells and genes, but the state and condition of your body.

Wow, is that your best effort? Damn, what an educationally inept tool.

Again, the irony. Try explaining yourself like an educated adult and not an angry child. You're not gonna wind me up but someone as wet as you would never say this to anyones face so allow it seriously :lolwut:
Respectful rebuttal, but still the simple answer is, if someone asks if you're healthy and you tell them you're dying from cancer, I would say the answer is no. Im not talking about cells and genes, but the state and condition of your body.

I know but you can live a healthy life and then get a nasty surprise when you’re older. You can reduce your risk but no one is completely immune from it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by clearasilly
I know but you can live a healthy life and then get a nasty surprise when you’re older. You can reduce your risk but no one is completely immune from it.

You are wasting your time.

Quick Reply

Latest