The Student Room Group

Which A levels should I pick? (For Law)

I definitely want to take : English Lit, History

Potentials Include: RE, Geography, Biology, Psychology, Economics

I do not necessarily want to practice law but go into politics. I have seen a lot of politicians tend to have law degrees and have been told by teachers, that it is easier to do politics with law than it is to do law with a politics degree. I don't know what a good combination of A Levels would be,so would appreciate any advice! Thank you! :smile:

* I live in Wales, so also have to take Welsh baccalaureate as a compulsory A level (ridiculous I know), so please take, an entirely coursework based subject, into account for workload.
I would choose English lit and history, for sure, because essay subjects are looked really favorably for law courses. They're also facilitating, which is great. For a third option you could pick whatever you want, really. If you want to keep your options a bit broad, maybe go for maths? Otherwise, economics looks like a really good choice there. I wouldn't necessarily go for biology because it isn't really relevant to law, and it looks like it would be a lot of hard work, plus since you definitely want to do history and english, then you already have your two facilitating subjects.

Cheers
in my opinion politics is a really easy subject to do well in. So if you're looking to go to a top uni, politics is good for not only what you're looking for, but also for boosting your grades. (You can easily get an A overall with minimal revision)

Quick Reply

Latest