The Student Room Group

A-Level Choices

Hi! So I picked Sociology, Law and English Language as my A-Levels. I picked these subjects mainly because I like sociology and eng lang, and because I'd like to have a career in law and do a law degree at uni.

My problem though is that I'm 4 weeks in and I'm kinda dreading each law lesson, because it's quite boring and a lot of note-taking and memorisation. I was wondering if it got more interesting later on, and if it's a good representation of what doing law at uni would be like in terms of how interesting it is? I've also heard a law a-level is useless, especially if you're not that interested in it, so I'm not sure if I should drop it or not. If I did end up dropping it, I'd likely do philosophy or psychology. I'm not sure if those are any better in terms of getting to uni or not? If I drop law, I'd probably decide to do English or something like that at uni.

Sorry for the long ramble, I just don't know what to do about this situation. I've been thinking about this since the first couple of law lessons haha so I'm getting concerned I won't enjoy it and end up getting a bad grade in it, which will affect applying to uni. I don't really have anyone to talk to this about either, I'm just very lost. Any help would be appreciated :smile:
You dont need law alevel to get into law most law schools advise against doing law. you are going to do this for 2 more years if its not interesting now. its unlikely it will be you can move ahead and read earlier in the syllabus if you want to see if you will enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest