The Student Room Group

Leeds or Bristol?(pls help)

I am currently torn between these two universities to study mechanical engineering. On the open day I did like the look of leeds more but I am worried that I may be sacrificing better graduate prospects by not going to bristol. I know overall bristol is a more prestigious university, but in terms of engineering how does leeds compare with?Would an engineering graduate from leeds be viewed equally to a bristol graduate or would the bristol degree provide me with more opportunities in terms of getting jobs.Any help would be greatly appreciated as I think I would prefer studying at leeds, but don't know what I would be giving up by not going to bristol.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by john_iqbal786
I am currently torn between these two universities to study mechanical engineering. On the open day I did like the look of leeds more but I am worried that I may be sacrificing better graduate prospects by not going to bristol. I know overall bristol is a more prestigious university, but in terms of engineering how does leeds compare with?Would an engineering graduate from leeds be viewed equally to a bristol graduate or would the bristol degree provide me with more opportunities in terms of getting jobs.Any help would be greatly appreciated as I think I would prefer studying at leeds, but don't know what I would be giving up by not going to bristol.

Leeds is an excellent university. It won't affect your graduate opportunities at all.

Pick the course you prefer at a university you want to spend 3+ years at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People exaggerate minor differences between prestige... it won't effect you at all, nobody's going to invite you to an interview just because you went to Bristol over Leeds or vice versa
Original post by Doonesbury
Leeds is an excellent university. It won't affect your graduate opportunities at all.

Pick the course you prefer at a university you want to spend 3+ years at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you both for the replies, I had stupidly firmed and insured bristol and warwick and rejected leeds, however this was only 2 days ago. If I call UCAS on moday do you think they would be able to reverse what I had done and put leeds as my firm?
Reply 4
Original post by john_iqbal786
Thank you both for the replies, I had stupidly firmed and insured bristol and warwick and rejected leeds, however this was only 2 days ago. If I call UCAS on moday do you think they would be able to reverse what I had done and put leeds as my firm?

Yes - it should be fine. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending