The Student Room Group

Texting gives me anxiety...

How the **** can I prevent this? I just find it really scary not knowing what people on the other end think, overanalyze people seeing messages but not responding and if I message someone I get extremely anxious.
Reply 1
Bump
just dont worry about it
dont text?
this might be weird but have you tried texting people you don’t know personally? like internet friends? does it have the same affect? i understand what you mean though. sadly, it is all mental, overthinking and worrying about being judged is all mental. i know you will probably not want to (because of this question) but would you like to talk to my on a private chat? maybe talking more often will become more familiar so you won’t worry so much
I have no advice or anything but I really relate. I've been cyber bullied through text and at the time I didn't realise it was cyber bullying until a therapist told me. I've had people screenshot my conversations, send it to their friends and make fun of my words. I've had people make a group chat with the title "should we still be friends with billie mercury?" (someone in the group chat sent me a screenshot and that's how I found out) with a picture of my face as the group pic. I've had people being really horrible directly to me over text. I've been added to group chats, been made fun of, then removed from the group chat.

Long story short, I stopped texting people. I haven't texted anyone in a year and I feel less anxious as a result. I absolutely hate texting. I find it easier talking on public forums because if someone makes fun of me here or is horrible to me, I'm okay with it cus I don't know them. Texting is so personal and if someone attacks me that way I become really upset and paranoid.
dont ****ing text then?
LOL
Reply 7
Original post by bullyhunter72
dont ****ing text then?
LOL

Do you get a kick out of trolling on TSR?
Original post by MCArth
Do you get a kick out of trolling on TSR?

ye

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending