AQA A-Level Biology paper 2 11th June 2018 unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chemnbio
Wasn’t it 83 to the power of 2

No they double each time, they don't x83 each time
So they double 83 times
Original post by Xusor1
I said that those who did not have the dominant allele would die due to lack of
energy from the milk. Those with the advantageous allele would survive and reproduce and pass on this allele to their offspring increasing the frequency of the lactase allele.

Yh I said all that but also said in those areas the cattle milk was one of the main sources of food so people consumed this as much as any other sources of food then said everything else you said
Original post by 67823
Please comment any questions you remember

Effect of reduced Light dependant reactions (2)
Less ATP And less reduced NADP produced

Where is rubisco found (1)
Stroma

Effect of rubisco activase on rubisco (4)

Why apparatus was left for a few hours (1)
Allow respiration rate to stabilise
Allow pressure change to occur

Why colour moved (1)
O2 absorbed so reduces pressure

Potometer maths question (2)

Why log was used (1)

Why yeast died during death phase (1)

Multiple choice (1)
3rd option

Size of new population (2)

Cells in a tumour (2)
1.93x10^25

Enzymes in forming DNA fragments (2)
DNA ligase
Restriction endonuclease

Difference in blood flow (1)

How chloride ion prevent the nerve impulse from carrying on in the post synaptic neurone (3marks)

Causes hyperpolisaton so depolaristion doesn’t occour and therefore action potentials don’t pass on

Why actual ratio was different than expected (2)
Small sample size
Fertilisation is random

Explain results of offspring genotype (3)

Actual ratio (2)
9:3:3:1

Hardy wienberg (2marks)
43%

Why iPS was better (4)

For the actual ratio different to expected I wrote linkage of genes and epistasis
Original post by Mk1237
I wrote about hypermethylation

I wrote both methylation and gene mutation, i wasn't sure what they meant by alterations to it
For the hardy Weinberg I got 42.7% I literally think I fked this paper up tho..
Reply 85
Original post by dumbasslmao
I said it remains almost constant because the number of trees didn't change otherwise the graph would've changed

I thought this but then, I said the large trees blocked out the light so plants underneath photo synthesised less producing less glucose and organic materials which make up energy and biomass for NPP so net there is a reduction in NPP
I got the entire question on autosomonal linkage wrong, the ratio and didn't explain the ratio
Reply 87
Original post by Krishna235
Yh I said all that but also said in those areas the cattle milk was one of the main sources of food so people consumed this as much as any other sources of food then said everything else you said

Ye I think I implied the lack of other food sources rather than stating it but good to hear someone who wrote the same as me.
Guys what caused the difference between expected and observed ratios in the gene question, it should have been 9:3:31 but it has changed to sth else, what caused this changed????? I talked about autosomal linkage
I put something similar to this

Original post by Studyt
I thought this but then, I said the large trees blocked out the light so plants underneath photo synthesised less producing less glucose and organic materials which make up energy and biomass for NPP so net there is a reduction in NPP
Original post by Studyt

I assumed the graph was trying to show that it became a climax community so it would be stable
Original post by Abdi moham
For the actual ratio different to expected I wrote linkage of genes and epistasis

Yh also in autosomal linkage
Less combinations formed etc
For the question about the tumour suppressor gene were you supposed to talk about hypermethylation or mutation in the gene causing non functioning tumour suppressor proteins
What did you guys put for the one about the drug beginning with F reducing blood pressure? I literally couldn't think so I put that the more the fluid is removed from the body, less volume so pressure decreases lol I don't even understand what I was trying to say. That's another suggest question in the bin.
Reply 94
Original post by aleexhunt
The question was about tumour suppressor genes why would you want to write about oncogenes

i thought it said how genes lead to tumour to form in general, i dont remember
Reply 95
Original post by LunaCat
I wrote both methylation and gene mutation, i wasn't sure what they meant by alterations to it

I didn’t think of that 😩
Original post by LunaCat

The entire question was on mutation so I doubt they were looking for methylation.
Reply 97
what was the precipitate?
Npp was lower
Were the scientists conclusions about rubisco wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending