The Student Room Group

Uni accommodation application - cleanliness??

Hi guys, I listed cleanliness on my list of traits when applying for halls for my first year in uni. What are the chances of being placed with like-minded people/ has anyone else said anything like this on their application? Thank youu:smile:
Original post by Rhiannon2802
Hi guys, I listed cleanliness on my list of traits when applying for halls for my first year in uni. What are the chances of being placed with like-minded people/ has anyone else said anything like this on their application? Thank youu:smile:

No one can give you a % probability...

What I can tell you is that most student halls from my experience are a cesspit. You'll just have to learn to deal with it and accept that it's just a thing that happens in halls/first-year :wink:
Original post by Rhiannon2802

I wouldn't put your hopes up. Unfortunatley most freshers don't clean up after themselves, however you soon learn to not let the mess bother you.
I'm never sure how much attention unis pay to these traits and people's standards of clean vary wildly.

For example I'm quite a messy person but I like to keep the kitchen and bathroom clean and don't like to leave food waste and dirty plates lying around. However I do think someone who describes themselves as clean would struggle to live with me as I create clutter and I'm not tidy at all.

If you're living with other people you have to put up with different standards or take responsibility for cleaning certain things every time and not resent it. If you want full control over your living environment get a studio flat!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending