The Student Room Group

Motivation for University

Does anyone else feel like they have no motivation for university? I have just finished my first year with a first overall, however I feel like I should be really happy and excited for the next year. But I'm not.

I have more friends that are at university rather than working. But I feel more jealous of those working. They've gone to live in London to do modelling/personal training etc; working on cruises, already in their field due to apprenticeships.

I feel as though I just want to move out and start working my way up somewhere through a placement or something.

If I stayed at university I don't think it would be 100% wasted... but with the field I'm going in to I know I won't end up doing any jobs that I did at university.

I'm 19 and studying media (making/writing/audio for short films/movies).

Does anyone else feel like this or has done? What did you do?
Original post by Honey998
Does anyone else feel like they have no motivation for university? I have just finished my first year with a first overall, however I feel like I should be really happy and excited for the next year. But I'm not.

I have more friends that are at university rather than working. But I feel more jealous of those working. They've gone to live in London to do modelling/personal training etc; working on cruises, already in their field due to apprenticeships.

I feel as though I just want to move out and start working my way up somewhere through a placement or something.

If I stayed at university I don't think it would be 100% wasted... but with the field I'm going in to I know I won't end up doing any jobs that I did at university.

I'm 19 and studying media (making/writing/audio for short films/movies).

Does anyone else feel like this or has done? What did you do?

If you dont feel it is for you, then leave. You can do uni another time when you know what you want. Different course if you wish or seek a transfer on the basis of your results to a better uni.
Alternatively, it is only 2 years.

Consider whether some of it is grass is greener syndrome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending