The Student Room Group

Erm

How long should u speak to someone before being in a relationship ?
Reply 1
I like that optimism.
Original post by Anonymous
How long should u speak to someone before being in a relationship ?

Depends how the conversations have been going. If you're both overly enthusiastic and attached to one another; then go ahead.
If you both barely ever talk then don't.

It depends on personal circumstances; if it feels right for you or them (or both) then ask them if they're interested in a relationship.

For me, I'd say a BARE MINIMUM of a week (extreme circumstances) before starting a relationship, though ideally after 2 weeks of knowing them.
Have you actually gone out and met with this person in person or just texted (or messaged) each other.

I think there is an important distinction, personally. If you've gone out with someone a few times and you can feel the energy between the two of you.... conversation flows, lots of laughing, it feels romantic etc. then bring up your interest in officially calling it a relationship (but have a strong sense that the other person is on board as well).
If, however, this is just an online 'friendship' you should wait. Yes, you can really get to know someone communicating online regularly but you need to also have FaceTime (or equivalent.) video messaging as well. Have you actually spoken so that you videoed with him/her? You know that he or she actually is who they say they are. Catfishing is a fine art and a lot intelligent people can get caught up in the scam so, please, make sure you've actually had 'face to face' conversation via video before you start talking about relationship. But, even if you have video messaged with the person you're interested in being that you aren't really able to meet in person, for me, would slow me down in making anything official for now.
Other than that there is no official time line for feelings and relationships. It is just whenever both sides feel mutual towards each other and only you can know that.
Hey, I have some good friends who had only known each other and dated for 2 weeks and they ended up getting married..... and it has worked out! I would never recommend that nor would I ever think that that could ever work out but.... it did for them. You're time line is your own.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending