The Student Room Group

Engineering Studies HSC (Australia)

I've read on TSR forums that A-level engineering is not recommended by universities (at least Cambridge) for an engineering degree.

I don't know what is covered in the A-level engineering syllabus that makes it so unfavourable but the Engineering Studies syllabus that I do in high school in Australia seems to cover quite a lot of the foundation material covered in university (aerospace engineering courses).

I was wondering if anyone who studied in Australia and did high school engineering know if it is also frowned upon by universities?

I also do physics, chemistry, biology, advanced maths, extension maths and advanced english so I suppose universities wouldn't mind that I do engineering but I was hoping it would give me an advantage, especially if I mention it in my personal statement.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest