The Student Room Group

Is it bad if I don't do a year in industry?

What are some alternatives?
Reply 1
No engineering experience, generic opinion from me- A year in the industry is great however you can pick up the same experience from monthly placements, summer holidays work placements and also one-off work experience opportunities. Seek out the companies you would like to get some work experience in, there's no harm in emailing them asking if they offer anything!
Reply 2
Thank you! I was considering doing that alternatively especially at it can give me a lot more range and diversity. I'm not sure why my posts keep going to engineering but this is actually regarding economics and management. I still think this is related to my area of study so thank you :smile:
Original post by tmcm
No engineering experience, generic opinion from me- A year in the industry is great however you can pick up the same experience from monthly placements, summer holidays work placements and also one-off work experience opportunities. Seek out the companies you would like to get some work experience in, there's no harm in emailing them asking if they offer anything!
Reply 3
Alternative - study abroad.

And you don't need to be 'good at languages' - there's Australia, America, Canada etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending